De`Longhi Bambino oilfilled radiator 800 watt (1 Viewer)

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am thinking of buying one, has anyone used this for heating their motor home, when on EHU on site or drive, ? wondered how it fared, heat/cost wise , instead of using the truma heater, through the night when MHing in colder months, are there any pit falls.? Thanks for any help.

Margaret

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Margaret, we've had these smaller ones in the past but we found that they don't actually give out a lot of heat, you might be better getting something with a bit more oomph and then at least you have the choice of having it on a higher setting during the day and a lower setting at night.

Isn't the Bambino version only 500w?

Link Removed

If so, then there's also an Argos Value range one which is a LOT cheaper!

There are also quite a few on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Home-Furn...rom=R40&_nkw=mini+oil+filled+radiator&_sop=15

Just done a 'google' and found out there are different Bambino models, 500w and 800w:

http://www.delonghi.com/en-GB/products/comfort/portable-heating/oil-filled-radiators/

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have a Dimplex Eco Chico OFRB7 700w oil free baby column heater which has all the benefits of an oil filled radiator but no risk of oil leaking & lighter - speedy heat up too. Only used it indoors so far but heats a small room well. Not cheap at £42-£55 online but hopefully worth the outlay as it has 3 year warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have one, cost £10, we also use it in the bedroom of our AT 840 with separate bedroom, small area works well but leave the doors open and it just aint big enough.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We use the larger 2kw model. I think it has two or three heat settings. When on EHU keeps the motorhome lovely and warm without a blower running.:thumb:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I am thinking of buying one, has anyone used this for heating their motor home, when on EHU on site or drive, ? wondered how it fared, heat/cost wise , instead of using the truma heater, through the night when MHing in colder months, are there any pit falls.? Thanks for any help.

Margaret

We have a smaller 400watt Argos model. It is inuse whenever on a site. It is nowhere big enough to act as sole heating but it certainly keeps the chill off, it isn't too heavy and does not take up loads of room.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We also have the argos value range one, although I seem to remember only paying £10. As said it doesn't give out enough heat to start with when the van is really cold, but we take the initial chill off the van with the turma heating then leave the oil radiator on to keep us cosy. It is also great for leaving on all night as it's silent.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i bought 1 in portugal for the cold nights and found it a waste of money not enough heat from them for a motorhome maybe for a bathroom only

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
If so, then there's also an Argos Value range one which is a LOT cheaper!

There are also quite a few on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Home-Furn...rom=R40&_nkw=mini+oil+filled+radiator&_sop=15

I bought the same design from Dunelm Mill a few years, 600W version. Agree with what has been posted so far - not enough to keep even my little campervan warm once the outside temperature heads towards zero, so the Webasto has to be used. More than enough through the night though once I'm tucked up in the Duvalay :Smile:

I know someone who uses a Bambino in a small caravan and reckons it's better than the cheaper models.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back