Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
Hi guys, just getting to know the CI carioca MH checking out fittings etc - discovered the toilet door wouldn't lock or latch with the push button and decided to investigate - undone the two screws on the push to open cover and was left with 3 springs, a pushbutton and bits of plastic tumbling out -opp5with nothing to lose I undone the lock cover and lo nothing inside - :whatthe: - I ordered up the repair kit and spent the next day trying to figure out how the d%^&ed thing went together - eventually success - :thumb: lock and push to open both working - it pays to take the door off (easy) and work on it inside. Why they use such a system defies logic why not just use a simple cam type lock why have a push to open button and a lock. I've seen some complicated locking systems on aircraft which are dictated by safety factors - but Thetford please don't over engineer - keep it simple, but then again maybe I'm missing something, dru - :Confused:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Your missing the fact that if it was easy to do any idiot could do it!
Then some dealer would loose out on an over inflated labour charge to fix it.
However your an idiot with an engineering background,so naturally you'd be expected to figure it out ,glad you did,had you not one of your students may have read this and known you'd failed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thetford used to publish a PDF exploded parts diagram for the doors, including locks. It didn't show exactly how to fix the lock but not difficult to work out if one has all the parts and how they go together.

I can't find it on their web site now but I did download it and save it some time ago. At 373Kb it is too large to load as an attachment to this post but if anyone needs it please send your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send it by e-mail.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
At 373Kb it is too large to load as an attachment to this post but if anyone needs it please send your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send it by e-mail.

Why not upload it to the download area of the site :thumb:

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back