Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Graham, the Motor Caravanners Club hold a rally at the Bristol Baloon Fiesta every year. You will have to be a member of the MCC to attend, the rally is organised by their Avon Group and is situated right outside the entrance to the park where the event is held. I believe that the C&CC also hold a rally nearby.

Brisey

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for that ,

we are in the Camping & Caravan Club , sods law says were in the wrong one :cry:,

i will try their web site .

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Graham
we have been there before and used the MCC rally field.
The CCC or the CC do have a rally there. I think the caravan club use a school a little further away. The CCC one might have been the next field along from the MCC.
Its worth being close as the early morning one comes right over your heads, and there is a picture of me watching it from my bed, lol.
Have fun
Pat

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Avon DA run the camping & caravaning club rally for the balloon fiesta

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Avon DA run the camping & caravaning club rally for the balloon fiesta

Broken Link Removed

I did look at this one , but it is about 12 miles away , and a bit far to cycle at 6 am , :Eeek:

Was hoping to find something a bit nearer but thanks for the information .:thumb:

Graham

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
B]

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Graham,

It's as Brisey and Pat4Neil have posted. The MCC are in the field to the left of the pub, and the C&CC are in a field to the right of the pub, but further along the same road, (within walking distance). The CC are in the school grounds at the bottom of the hill, near the roundabout, and the Park & Ride is on the right, again, at the bottom of the hill near the roundabout.

When the weather is fine, it's a smashing location and event. :thumb:

Have a good time.

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Suggy if you find out any info, on camping could you let me know as we would be interested
In going.

Karl

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/[B]Link Removed[/B][B]Link Removed[/B][/quote]
Smashing photo Detnor. :thumb:

I tried to post a couple too, showing how close the balloons can get on take off, but I am on an intermittent 3G signal at the moment. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Cotham park rugby club is where i have stayed perviously, as far as i can remember you walk across golf course or something similar to the fiesta.
have stayed x3 times does get booked up quickly but managed still to turn up and get in.:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
No need to be in any of the club's as I found out last year, we joined the mcc club just to go to the balloon festival as the caravan club was full and when we arrived we saw a general camping area in front of us nearer to the festival gates than we were, just pays your money at the gate and anyone can park there.
Right opposite the entry gates for the festival, lovely seeing all the balloons rising morning and evening.
Would have saved my £30 + of joining fee as I haven't used them since and have now cancelled, too many meets up north for us.
Brilliant day out though, very hot as well, too hot in fact for our little dog Susie, couldn't leave her in the van, had to carry her around the show, lucky she was small, poor mite has gone now though.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
No need to be in any of the club's as I found out last year, we joined the mcc club just to go to the balloon festival as the caravan club was full and when we arrived we saw a general camping area in front of us nearer to the festival gates than we were, just pays your money at the gate and anyone can park there.
Right opposite the entry gates for the festival, lovely seeing all the balloons rising morning and evening.

I noticed on the Fiesta website that there was mention of camping - must be the one mentioned here.
I'm a local so don't have to worry about camping for this one :thumb::thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not just camping, there were big and small motorhomes , RV,s there and trailer tents in fact anything that you could sleep in !

Last edited:
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The Balloon Fiesta is one of those events that is made for motorhomes, you can sit outside having breakfast watching the mass ascents (the gun goes off at 6am) or the 6pm ascent and on two nights, go to the nightglow, where they light up the balloons followed by fireworks. Not forgetting of course, a visit by the Red Arrows.

The weather is always the controlling factor, but with reasonable conditions, a good event. Take the park and ride into Bristol, but on Saturday, the traffic is very heavy.

And for all you twiiter fans, @bristolballoon provides all the latest flight info.

And of course....to get in is free:Smile:

Whichever site you use, have a good time.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Would have saved my £30 + of joining fee as I haven't used them since and have now cancelled, too many meets up north for us.
Brilliant day out though, very hot as well, too hot in fact for our little dog Susie, couldn't leave her in the van, had to carry her around the show, lucky she was small, poor mite has gone now though.

I tried the Balloon web site and it says " Tents Only " , :Doh:

The reply from my email to C & CC says nearest site 12 miles away ( local da type meet ), no mention of any arrangement near Balloon field . :whatthe:

I will phone the B B F on Monday , Watch this space ... :thumb:

Graham

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
The reply from my email to C & CC says nearest site 12 miles away ( local da type meet ), no mention of any arrangement near Balloon field . :whatthe:
They have possibly relocated Graham, as I met up with friends in that pub I referred to. We were with the Avon MCC, and they were with the C&CC, and only a short walk away.

Good luck phoning the BBF tomorrow. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ha Ha , you must have known something Jock ... Is this you > :ROFLMAO:

In the last 2 hours , I have emailed and phoned every man and his dog in Bristol,

The man at the Estate says only cars allowed into the Balloon Fiesta car park ,
no Camper Vans or MH's .

The man at the Official Camping are says only cars are allowed in with tents ,
( try next year , it may change )

The Tourist Information says go to the Campsites (12 miles away ) ,

The CC & C says there are no Caravans or Motor home parking this year as far as they know. but there is a meet 11 miles away .

BUT where do i park when i come to the Fiesta ...... :cry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Ha Ha , you must have known something Jock ... Is this you > :ROFLMAO:

In the last 2 hours , I have emailed and phoned every man and his dog in Bristol,

The man at the Estate says only cars allowed into the Balloon Fiesta car park ,
no Camper Vans or MH's .

The man at the Official Camping are says only cars are allowed in with tents ,
( try next year , it may change )

The Tourist Information says go to the Campsites (12 miles away ) ,

The CC & C says there are no Caravans or Motor home parking this year as far as they know. but there is a meet 11 miles away .

BUT where do i park when i come to the Fiesta ...... :cry:
Things must have changed in recent years then Graham.

I have just checked the Avon MCC website, and the Avon CC Centre website, and both rallies are listed, with the CC being full with a waiting list. You can join the MCC on arrival, or download their application form >>HERE<<. :Smile: Another angle in the big touring plan perhaps? :winky:
Pre-booking for the MCC Rally is not required, but if pitching with friends, you have to arrive together.

Cheers.

Jock.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The Parsonage Farm site used by Avon MCC is right opposite one of the gates into the arena area, the balloon take off area is just on the other side of the road. During the event, one of the farm fields is used for day parking, I don't think it matters what you are driving, as long as you pay!

The MCC rally site has no facilities, and it is on a slope, but you can watch the balloons from your own van. And if you have a Heki rooflight, remember, balloons can appear over the roof.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Suggy. We had a brilliant time at the balloon festival with the mcc two years ago. Amanda took her big scooter and it was so easy to just pop over the road and into the gates and we were there. Most mornings we sat outside van and watched the balloons take off or just lay in bed and opened the blinds. Its a must to go with mcc the avon group made us very welcome.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
1. Oh look, there it is again. :roflmto:

2. Those MH roofs need to be strong. :roflmto:

Attachments

• 100_0804.jpg
    100_0804.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0819.jpg
    100_0819.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 18
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi, I think these were taken in 2009, I remember the Jaguar balloon coming down on the Sunday morning. We had a balloon hover over the van, very close as they were trying to get fully airborn.

The van next to us was getting lots of visitors, it was a BMW Vixen, complete with a propeller over the tow hitch.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi, I think these were taken in 2009, I remember the Jaguar balloon coming down on the Sunday morning. We had a balloon hover over the van, very close as they were trying to get fully airborn.

The van next to us was getting lots of visitors, it was a BMW Vixen, complete with a propeller over the tow hitch.
You're right Detnor, it was 2009. :thumb:. The Jaguar balloon never did recover.

Do you remember this one? He eventually did get airborne again.

Cheers,

Jock.

Attachments

• 100_0821.jpg
    100_0821.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi

I think we must have shared the same camera that year!
As I remember, the Red Arrows gave a better display over the rally site than the people in the park got.

Norman:Smile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi

I think we must have shared the same camera that year!
As I remember, the Red Arrows gave a better display over the rally site than the people in the park got.

Norman:Smile:
Yes, as usual, they were brilliant.

Detnor said:
I remember seeing that, and thinking what a cool looking machine it was. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it.

Rita and I took the opportunity to go flying ourselves.......twice......in this.

Attachments

• 100_0753.jpg
    100_0753.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0805.jpg
    100_0805.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Still no reply from my 2 emails to the Balloon Fiesta people . i get the general impression that Motor Homes are not welcome :Sad:

But through Jock's reply , i managed to get this link below ,to the MCC :thumb:

Link Removed

So if you want to go , it will cost you ....

£30 to join the MCC
£5 Joining Fee
£7 per unit per night

Total £70 if you stay the 5 nights

Their Rally is open from 7TH to 12 TH August .

Graham

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Still no reply from my 2 emails to the Balloon Fiesta people . i get the general impression that Motor Homes are not welcome :Sad:

But through Jock's reply , i managed to get this link below ,to the MCC :thumb:

Link Removed

So if you want to go , it will cost you ....

£30 to join the MCC
£5 Joining Fee
£7 per unit per night

Total £70 if you stay the 5 nights

Their Rally is open from 7TH to 12 TH August .

Graham
Nice one Graham & Rosie. :thumb:

You'll have a great time..........if the weather is kind to you both. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It must be 4 years since we went, and every flight went up and we had a great time, even Jane was up for the 6 o'clock.:winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Before we got there, it rained and that was the only time we had to be towed onto a field,:Doh: In fact everyone was, and on the Monday everyone drove off. :RollEyes:
We had brilliant weather. ::bigsmile:

And to top off the weekend, they dumped us next door to two funsters, whats the odds on that. :whatthe:

Enjoy, must put it back on our places to revisit. :thumb: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back