Help required - Rapido hab door not locking properly (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
When I lock the hab door on our Rapido 983m using either remote or key it appears to lock, the inside handle drops as expected.
And a casual pull on the door handle when leaving makes you think it has locked properly.
However, give a REALLY hard tug and it will just pull open!
I can't see what is wrong.
Any ideas?

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Thanks for the reply
The door frame on the Rapido has pretty sturdy metal posts just like a car door and they don't appear worn.
There are two catches on the side of the door that latch on to the metal posts and appear to operate correctly.
I'm wondering if the problem is in the locking mechanism itself but that is buried inside the door. I can't even see how to take off the inside door panel - anybody done this before one Rapido?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I had a similiar problem with our hab door (Rapido) when locking with remote it sounded as if it had locked, but wasn't. A good squirt of WD40 and lock /unlock several times with remote and with the key sorted it out. Hope yours is as easy.
(I think if the key has been used it has to be in the right position for the remote to work, if you see what I mean) Good luck anyway.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Door lock

Hi Makems
You could try locking the door with just the key,then try, if secure! use your key fob to unlock.
I had to replace the full mechanism on mine as the internal handle had snapped,which means removing the internal panel,not a difficult job but fiddly.
Got my parts direct from Happich U.K. £70 incl P/P:thumb:

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi Makems
You could try locking the door with just the key,then try, if secure! use your key fob to unlock.
I had to replace the full mechanism on mine as the internal handle had snapped,which means removing the internal panel,not a difficult job but fiddly.
Got my parts direct from Happich U.K. £70 incl P/P:thumb:

Already had the door mechanism replaced a couple of years ago when ours snapped too. Thanks for the advice about Happich -that'll save some effort hunting about if I do need the parts
A member on the Darkside posted a picture showing where the screws are to remove the door inner so I'll have a look when I get the van out of storage later today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back