Vehicle and Leisure Batteries (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Our bus has recently come back from work at Swift (hah!) and, ever since, we have had problems with starting in that if the vehicle is left for over a week then it will not turn over.

Looking at the two batteries fitted (1 in the cab (Vehicle battery?) and one in the belly locker (leisure battery?), they both have the same code, namely LB6110L. When I google this code then the description is for a leisure battery.

Does this mean that I now have two leisure batteries fitted and thus the problem in starting?

Sorry about the silly question, but since dealing with Swift I am beginning to doubt my own sanity.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our bus has recently come back from work at Swift (hah!) and, ever since, we have had problems with starting in that if the vehicle is left for over a week then it will not turn over.

Looking at the two batteries fitted (1 in the cab (Vehicle battery?) and one in the belly locker (leisure battery?), they both have the same code, namely LB6110L. When I google this code then the description is for a leisure battery.

Does this mean that I now have two leisure batteries fitted and thus the problem in starting?

Sorry about the silly question, but since dealing with Swift I am beginning to doubt my own sanity.

Either you have two leisure batteries and haven't located the engine battery, or someone is using a leisure battery as an engine battery.

Even if this is the case, that leisure battery is rated for around 750CCA, which would start even a large high compression diesel. If it is not working, you either have a high drain somewhere that flattens the battery, or the battery is knackered. (The former often leads to the latter).

Obviously, if replacing the battery replace with an engine one rather than leisure.

I've got battery isolators on mine and just disconnect the batteries when leaving. None of my electronics/alarms etc seem to care.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I too suspect you havn't found the engine battery yet:winky:
By in the cab do you mean under a seat or floor panel or in the engine bay itself
If under the seat or floor area it is most likely a second leisure battery two the same is a good sign:thumb:
Open your bonnet and look for a third battery in there:thumb:#
This will be the one going flat and preventing starting
You dont say what age the batteries/vehicle is/are or what work you have had done
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Binky
Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
I too suspect you havn't found the engine battery yet:winky:
By in the cab do you mean under a seat or floor panel or in the engine bay itself
If under the seat or floor area it is most likely a second leisure battery two the same is a good sign:thumb:
Open your bonnet and look for a third battery in there:thumb:#
This will be the one going flat and preventing starting
You dont say what age the batteries/vehicle is/are or what work you have had done
G

It's a 2010 Peugeot Boxer and what I believe to be the vehicle battery is under a panel in the passenger footwell. The vehicle went back to Swift to have new locker doors fitted due to high damp readings (it was with Swift for 10 weeks - but that is a whole different saga). They had moved some of the cabling/alarm wires to fit troughs on the floor behind the locker doors, so I am assuming that the battery was unhitched/removed then. It just seems coincidental that the battery/charging problems started when it came back from Swift, but I suppose the battery could have become u/s whilst it was sitting around for so long.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Wouldn't worry to much about them both being the same as most batteries are the same:Doh: even if badged as leisure, Marine or starter:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Wouldn't worry to much about them both being the same as most batteries are the same:Doh: even if badged as leisure, Marine or starter:thumb:

Not quite. The cranking amps can be different. I got the wrong battery in my van once and it took forever turning over before it started (brand new battery fully charged) Swapped it for one with the correct cranking amperage and it starts in under a second.

PS: Both were starter batteries. So even two batteries from the same manufacturer can be different internally..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It's a 2010 Peugeot Boxer and what I believe to be the vehicle battery is under a panel in the passenger footwell. The vehicle went back to Swift to have new locker doors fitted due to high damp readings (it was with Swift for 10 weeks - but that is a whole different saga). They had moved some of the cabling/alarm wires to fit troughs on the floor behind the locker doors, so I am assuming that the battery was unhitched/removed then. It just seems coincidental that the battery/charging problems started when it came back from Swift, but I suppose the battery could have become u/s whilst it was sitting around for so long.

Our van is a 2009 Pug Boxer.

The one under the panel in the passenger footwell is the starter battery...

::bigsmile:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Not quite. The cranking amps can be different. I got the wrong battery in my van once and it took forever turning over before it started (brand new battery fully charged) Swapped it for one with the correct cranking amperage and it starts in under a second.

PS: Both were starter batteries. So even two batteries from the same manufacturer can be different internally..

Shoulda bought a leisure one:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back