Motorhome Friendly and Unfriendly Parking (1 Viewer)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
As Graham Hadfield has announced that he is closing his excellent source of parking information in August.

I have began the process of updating the information on Grahams site which was last updated in 2008. I will be posting the results on Broken Link Removed on Camper Stop.

This is a new site (still under development) set up by Keith at his own expense..

We are at the early stages of development with this website.

This website started off as an idea to explain to authorities etc. what motorhome users need in the UK in terms of overnight parking like the Aires system in France hence we coined the term Camper Stops for the UK to start us of with our own identity, The raw idea was just a website to gain more information about the subject and raise awareness.

Our aims are:

Camperstops.org is a non for profit organization that offers lots of free help and advice for setting up a motor home short stay overnight "Camper Stop" or a parking area with services like the very popular Aires de Service system that works so well in France, Germany, Spain and Italy

We provide free online help for anyone seeking information on setting up a short stay "Stop & Go" overnight rest area that will attract motor home tourists from all over the United Kingdom and Europe, we call these rest areas a "Camper Stop"

This is not a chat type forum but is welcomes constructive and helpful posts. It is not in competition with any other forum.

John

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I have a piece of ground that would do, thought of Britstops which I am a member of but not being greedy or owt but what would be in it for me, Britstops are mainly pubs that hope to get your custome while you are there at no cost to camp but I have nowt to sell so would have to charge a bit £5 or so for the inconvienance as we are a working farm, so would that fit in with your plans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Well I have a piece of ground that would do, thought of Britstops which I am a member of but not being greedy or owt but what would be in it for me, Britstops are mainly pubs that hope to get your custome while you are there at no cost to camp but I have nowt to sell so would have to charge a bit £5 or so for the inconvienance as we are a working farm, so would that fit in with your plans

I thought that Jim has registered Motorhome Fun as an exempted club and could do the paperwork for a CL/CS type 5 van site

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
To be legal your bit of ground would need a caravan site licence or a CL type exemption from one of the exempted organisations.

Britstops don't , do they, thought you could have 2, so how does your camper thing work then

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's not my camper thing :Smile: The site's owner is named Keith Pringle.

As regards how all caravan sites are supposed to operate see a brief analysis HERE.

Paragraph 3 is similar to Paragraph 2 but applies to land of 5 acres or more which has not been built on. The 28 day maximum is the same but the maximum number of caravans allowed at any one time is increased from one to three.

That seems to mean its no problem then

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry, forgot about paragraph 3. In practice, though, it probably makes little difference to anyone wanting to run a site on any form of commercial basis. Usage is still restricted to 28 days in total in any 12 month period - "in the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the land is used as a caravan site the number of days on which a caravan was stationed anywhere on that land or on the said adjoining land for the purposes of human habitation did not exceed twenty-eight".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back