breathalyzer kits in France (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Did the law ever come in that we need to carry 2 breath kits with us, I leave today and had thought the law had been abandoned, a poll of friends has left me confused. I will go with the majority opinion of you lot

I leave today by the way

David

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Absolutely no need for them.

From many online reports in recent months -

Drivers in .can forget about the breathalyser kit that has been on/off for the past 12 months.
Interior Minister Manuel Valls has postponed the introduction of the test indefinitely. There was to be a €11 fine for not carrying the tests.
The test had a beta-test last year with the deadline for the formal start of fines given as 1 November 2012. That was delayed until 1 March 2013 as there were concerns about the tests effectiveness, availability and cost.

January 2013 - Drivers in France have been required to carry a self-test breathalyser since July 2012 with enforcement by fines originally planned for 1 November but subsequently postponed to 1 March 2013. Now the French government has announced that the implementation of the sanction (fine) for drivers not carrying a breathalyser – a fine of €11 – has been postponed indefinitely.

:france::france::france:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
You are supposed to carry 2 but there is no penalty if you don't! :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have been carrying spare glasses since 2000...

Never been asked to show them once.. :Sad:
Feel very dissapointed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Further to my first reply -

The reason there are so many breathalyser kits advertised on the Web, and especially Ebay, is that many money grabbing people saw a great opportunity to extract cash from UK citizens by selling the kits at inflated prices.

And now they are stuck with merchandise that has a relatively short shelf life and they are desperate to unload them as soon as possible.

If you are going to buy a breathalyser kit, despite not needing one, then make sure that there is least a reasonable amount of time on the date stamp before it is out of date and therefore useless.

:france::france::france:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
We just waited till we were in France and went to the SuperU and got a couple from there for a euro each. Not a big out lay. Here in the UK they will cost you more, as much as the fine (if they ever introduce it) so even if you did get stopped you wouldn't be too much out of pocket. Fine 11 euro's UK test kit about 10 quid. France test kit 1 Euro. Simple to know what to do......

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hope you have a spare bottle or two to fill those spare glasses with when we park up next to you.....:thumb:

::bigsmile:

In those famous words.. "you stupid boy"

I'm a FUNSTER,,,,, There is ALWAYS something to fill a glass or two..:thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Just back and didn't bother...wouldn't bother next time as well!:thumb:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Majority verdict wins

Thanks for the help, I am sat at Folkestone, no kit, will invest in a box of beer with my savings on arrival!!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back