SOG (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I was thinking about fitting a SOG to our recently aquired second hand van. However, and I may be way off in my understanding, after reading some of the technical documentaion from the SOG site it looks like it depends on a good airtight seal to the toilet bowel, it mentions a blade valve?

I notice in our van that if we fill the bowl with two or three inches of water it soons drains down (hopefully into the cassette)

So would a SOG still be worthwhile? And maybe more importantly, do we have an issue currently with our toilette that needs attention?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I was thinking about fitting a SOG to our recently aquired second hand van. However, and I may be way off in my understanding, after reading some of the technical documentaion from the SOG site it looks like it depends on a good airtight seal to the toilet bowel, it mentions a blade valve?

I notice in our van that if we fill the bowl with two or three inches of water it soons drains down (hopefully into the cassette)

So would a SOG still be worthwhile? And maybe more importantly, do we have an issue currently with our toilette that needs attention?

fitting a new seal to your cassette and loo is really quite a simple job. If there is water draining out then I would suggest this needs doing as it shouldn't happen.

As for fitting a sog? I have on my last two vans and find them invaluble.

However, I haven't on this van as now days Im so perfect, even my poo dont smell :notworthy:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Another toilet thread - excellent:thumb:
I can tell you that the theory of the sog system does work. At Wrenbury Colin left the blade open after one visit and with the skylight open as well, the chimney effect was terrible! I opened the door sometime later to be knocked sideways by the smell! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We was parked next to a van the other week that had a sog fitted and had to have our windows closed as we kept get wiffs of their loo

If you could smell their loo then you were to darn close! Our SOG vent into the safari room and doesn't cause us a problem. I do use Tesco washing liquid to kill the smell. One cap is enough.

I find it is urine that causes the worst smell not poo. When wilding we only use the loo for No:2s and restrict the amount of urine. I can go for a week to 10 days without needing to empty the cassette. We use a cassette bided and put the urine into a nappy type bucket with a close fitting lid which is disposed of daily. Fresh urine is sterile and can be disposed of with the grey water.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We was parked next to a van the other week that had a sog fitted and had to have our windows closed as we kept get wiffs of their loo

I was a fair distance from their van but when the wind was in the right direction you could defiantly smell it

How did you get the smell ? where they using the loo all the time? must have been a very long s--t -the fan only works when someone is sat using the loo :Smile: evn then it goes througha carbon filter eliminating the smell -ALMOST as much shit talked about sog 's as gassing :winky: or is it the same thread
::bigsmile:
terry

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
If you could smell their loo then you were to darn close! Our SOG vent into the safari room and doesn't cause us a problem. I do use Tesco washing liquid to kill the smell. One cap is enough.

I find it is urine that causes the worst smell not poo. When wilding we only use the loo for No:2s and restrict the amount of urine. I can go for a week to 10 days without needing to empty the cassette. We use a cassette bided and put the urine into a nappy type bucket with a close fitting lid which is disposed of daily. Fresh urine is sterile and can be disposed of with the grey water.

sorry but doesnt the very fact that your still adding chemicals, no matter how small an amount, defeats the object of having one fitted in the first place. also means that you couldnt dispose of it as chemical free??

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How did you get the smell ? where they using the loo all the time? must have been a very long s--t -the fan only works when someone is sat using the loo :Smile: evn then it goes througha carbon filter eliminating the smell -ALMOST as much shit talked about sog 's as gassing :winky: or is it the same thread
::bigsmile:
terry

Got the smell to our nostrils:Smile:, don't know if they were using the loo at the time as we were in our van :Smile: the other van was a funsters van , shall have to ask him in a couple of weeks time how long he c##ps for when we meet up again , I did mention this to him, but maybe someone was trying to gass us::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back