herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
does anyone know where to get either front swivel chairs refurbished or replaced on my 1995 hymer b694.
i have found covers on ebay but i feel they need a bit more than that
any ideas gratefully received
ta

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
does anyone know where to get either front swivel chairs refurbished or replaced on my 1995 hymer b694.
i have found covers on ebay but i feel they need a bit more than that
any ideas gratefully received
ta
Hi Herbies,

There are a number of firms that reupholster MH interiors. Some on here have used Tappers, and these are the people we are booked in with, to have our Hymer done. Champers (a happy client) had their 2 x swivel seats done by Tappers, and they were very pleased with the results.

If you stay on a site local to them, they will collect your seats, reupholster them, and return and refit them for you at the site, usually on the same day.
Like Chris Green, (another happy client of theirs) I will be staying in the MH at the Tappers facility, whilst the work is being carried out.

HTH,

Jock.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Herbies,

There are a number of firms that reupholster MH interiors. Some on here have used Tappers, and these are the people we are booked in with, to have our Hymer done. Champers (a happy client) had their 2 x swivel seats done by Tappers, and they were very pleased with the results.

If you stay on a site local to them, they will collect your seats, reupholster them, and return and refit them for you at the site, usually on the same day.
Like Chris Green, (another happy client of theirs) I will be staying in the MH at the Tappers facility, whilst the work is being carried out.

HTH,

Jock.
Jocks had his seats done 26 times
he found it cheaper than the site fees:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jocks had his seats done 26 times
he found it cheaper than the site fees:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As did Chris Green, when he stayed at their facility Geo, and he's an Englishman. :ROFLMAO:

BTW, how are you keeping? We never see you at all these day, you old bu##er. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock. :Smile:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We also used Tappers. Complete refit of driving seats and living area in leather. Superb job by a caring company. Very highly recommended.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well worth trying A1 Trimmers, competitive prices and we were really pleased with their work.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have you tried
Dave Nicholls Upholstery
Unit 54-55, Faraday Mill Business Park
Faraday Road, Plymouth PL4 0ST
01752 600 404

davenichollsupholstery.co.uk

Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The ones on my old Ducato Hymer were recovered by a domestic upholsterer. The seats are no different to an arm or wing chair. He advised me what type of material to buy as my wife wanted to choose her own colour and pattern. Hymer originally use an 'open weave ' material which is prone to early wear.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I have to honestly admit, that although our original Hymer upholstery (Menorca) certainly isn't worn, the upholstered items nearest to the front windscreen, are certainly faded, and TBH, the interior could do with a "fresh look" about it.

Cheers,

Jock.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I only had the front seats done commercially the rear cushions were don by my wife and daughter. Apparently the 'reeded' effect on the cushions is achieved by sewing through the material. The old covered were unpicked and used as a pattern.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back