price of diesel in france currently? (1 Viewer)

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
could some kind person advise how much diesel is in france currently, i expect it to be much cheaper than here but wanted to check to see as may take a few extra fuel cans with me

OP
OP
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
hey that is perfect, so around euro 1.20 ish so similar to uk but in euro, will def fill up over there than here

many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Just checked the price at Auchan Calais if you're going that way, 1.229 see
Link Removed

see you at Berny:winky:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
That price looks about right to me. Still a difference between here and the UK, but nowhere near as good as it used to be:Sad:

Enjoy your trips, folks!::bigsmile:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron & Marj

Just come back last week the diesel was 108E, ie about 91pence /lt . Don't believe bring back fuel is worth it especially if you get caught for an overloaded van.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I don't know what affect the 1.5% reduction is going to have on the £ vs € but it doesn't look that promising on today's figures, it appears it went up shortly after the announcement but then dropped back to 1.23 approx,

Link Removed

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We usually go to Belguim to get Chocs, cigs and diesel, the diesel is normally 15-20 cents cheaper than france

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Dont forget that if you fill up diesel in France at a commercial center like Carrefour prices can be 10 to 20 EuroCents lower per liter than at a regular gas station, you will find them while travelling on the route national (N-route) and not on the Peage

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
could some kind person advise how much diesel is in france currently, i expect it to be much cheaper than here but wanted to check to see as may take a few extra fuel cans with me

At the moment the price of Diesel at the supermarkets is,
Hesdin, Pas -de- Calais.....Champion....€1.10 Date 7th November 2008
hope this is of some use to you.......the pump price on the motorways and villages are a lot higher

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Just come back last week the diesel was 108E, ie about 91pence /lt . Don't believe bring back fuel is worth it especially if you get caught for an overloaded van.

It IS worth filling up your vehicle tank in France ... but travelling with more than 5 litres of extra fuel in an "emergency can" isn't allowed.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Motorway price in France was 1.38 last monday.

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron W

Vanessa, sorry I meant to say don't bring back fuel in cans only the vehicle fuel tank.
Re the gent who buys his fuel on the Motorways over there, I would suggest that he plans his route so that his rest periods are just off the motorway near to known,cheap fuel supermarkets.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have looked at the world price of diesel and noticed that Venezuela sells diesel at 5p per litre.

According to the HMRC webpage you are entitled to receive items from overseas "gifts, excluding alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters, with a value not exceeding £36"
Now if a group of people got together and bought each other £36's worth of diesel in Venezuela and there was a 'group' import of separate packets of £36's of diesel, then the gift was then made available to Motorhome fun users then your £36 would buy you 720 litres or over 185 gallons, per person.

Looking at the law it does not specify that you can’t sent gifts of diesel. There are some issues to be resolved such as transportation, storage, admin etc..

I just thought it would be fun if we could get one over on this lousy corrupt government.

2escapees

Deleted User
1.11€ this morning! That's at our local supermarket.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just after this thread started the £ against the € was at around 1.23€ = £1 it has now dropped to 1.17€ = £1 but it appears the price of Diesel in France is stiil around the 1.10+/-€ so to all of us British people the price of Diesel in France is going UP quiet steeply, keep it up Gordon you are doing a great job "I don't Think"

1.11€ this morning! That's at our local supermarket.

Last edited:

2escapees

Deleted User
Hi,

Just after this thread started the £ against the € was at around 1.23€ = £1 it has now dropped to 1.17€ = £1 but it appears the price of Diesel in France is stiil around the 1.10+/-€ so to all of us British people the price of Diesel in France is going UP quiet steeply, keep it up Gordon you are doing a great job "I don't Think"

And Gordon complains when the Tories said the Pound was in free fall!

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I have looked at the world price of diesel and noticed that Venezuela sells diesel at 5p per litre.

According to the HMRC webpage you are entitled to receive items from overseas "gifts, excluding alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters, with a value not exceeding £36"
Now if a group of people got together and bought each other £36's worth of diesel in Venezuela and there was a 'group' import of separate packets of £36's of diesel, then the gift was then made available to Motorhome fun users then your £36 would buy you 720 litres or over 185 gallons, per person.

OK so taking this idea one stage further:

1 gallon of water weighs in at about: 10lb and 1 ton equales 2240 lbs therefore we get 224 gallons to the ton. 224 gallons is just about 3 RV tankfuls.

We hire a 300,000 ton super-tanker and import 300,000 tons of diesel at Venezuelan prices which would give us approximately 67,200,000 gallons of diesel.

Each RV can take about 80 gallons so we need 840,000 RV'ers to buy a tankful each at £12 plus the odd bob or two for the hire of the tanker, crew, distillery, pirates fees and my commission for working out these difficult financial appraisals.

Yep, Shifttzzz - I like the idea - when can we start planning?

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
OK so taking this idea one stage further:

1 gallon of water weighs in at about: 10lb and 1 ton equales 2240 lbs therefore we get 224 gallons to the ton. 224 gallons is just about 3 RV tankfuls.

We hire a 300,000 ton super-tanker and import 300,000 tons of diesel at Venezuelan prices which would give us approximately 67,200,000 gallons of diesel.

Each RV can take about 80 gallons so we need 840,000 RV'ers to buy a tankful each at £12 plus the odd bob or two for the hire of the tanker, crew, distillery, pirates fees and my commission for working out these difficult financial appraisals.

Yep, Shifttzzz - I like the idea - when can we start planning?

Friday 9:30 dont be late..:thumb:

S

stumpy

Deleted User
Can we not turn a RV upside down put it in the water and go pirate a super tanker and moor it just down the road from Cornwall ,i reckon it would be cheaper than 5p a ltr :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Prices are a-falling here. Don't know about "oop north", but here it's around 1.06€ a litre for diesel. Further south it's cheaper ... I have a friend who lives in the Pyrenees area, and their PETROL is under a euro a litre!!

Agree that the exchange rate is a :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back