Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Am suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms at the moment

Cant do with out a motorhome for such a long period of time.

Aint joking

Missed 2 meets already and was so looking forward to the newark show but theres no chance of our motorhome being repaired in time.#

We havent even had the samples for the replacement bathroom yet

and they cant get a new back for it

so gutted

I feel like a caged animal like a prisoner who hasnt been convicted its a real weird feeling

If we dont get to peterborough am gonna go insane!!!! and thats over a month away

cant believe how lost we have felt without a mh

its quite addictive

do I need to declare my addiction am I going insane?????

Wow theres nothing like freedom but gooodnessssss freedom curtailment is a bitter blow

so what we gonna do when we are too old to drive

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I hope your camping again soon Gail. We know how you feel. We went without a van for a year. We were in a bit of a mess and had to sell our beloved Autotrail Pullman so we could pay wages to our employees. That was a horrible 12 months. Totally skint with no van to escape in= no fun at all. Hopefully though, you'll be back on the road in no time:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
do I need to declare my addiction am I going insane?????

Long-term members of this forum are already registered, so no need.

Somebody needs to organise a motorhome show in Essex early in the year...

...or Jim needs to create the MHFun equivalent of a pop-up shop - dial an emergency number and the pop-up Funster meet gets delivered to your door. Not quite the same as getting away in the van, but you might not care:party2:

(Hope it all gets sorted out as quickly as possible)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Our commiserations Gail. :cry:

We were getting withdrawal symptoms having not been able to get away since New Year so took the old gal out to the seaside for the day last Sunday.

Parked right by the beach at the Fluyders end at Felixstowe. The sea was dead flat. We respectively hobbled and walked along to the prom returning for a brew up.

Actually ... we took two old Gal's. Bessie and Robin's Mum! :ROFLMAO:

I think the suggestion of asking for a loan van has to be worth a follow-up with the insurance company. It's not your fault they can't get the parts.

We'll raise one for you at Newark. :beer:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Gail, hope they manage to get things fixed sooner rather than later and hope they do a good job - that's a nice van. Where is it being fixed?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Gail sorry to hear about your addiction, no seriously though hope it gets sorted in time for you to get out and about soon
regards Pat and Neil

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am surprised at you ! I would have thought you of all people would have been all over the bloody insurance people telling them you need a vehicle to use..

Claim that Tony suffers a mental health problem ( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) and MUST get out and about due to severe depression or something !!! :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As I remember the accident was caused by someone backing into your van and as such they are totally liable for your loss and you are denied the use of the vehicle.

In which case you should be entitled to hire a replacement at their cost until such time as yours is returned to you

Peter

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks for all your kind words and support xxxxxxxxxxxx

:ROFLMAO: why not :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: ask the insurance co :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: for a rental :ROFLMAO:

Much as a rental would be great we havent been able to get one for the times we needed it. London is not the best place to find a motorhome to rent. Those we could find were so many miles away and had such high delivery and return charges that we felt we were taking advantage.
Thought this post was something to do with Catholicism !!:roflmto:

Brilliant Andrew thanks for making me laugh xxxx

I have a tent you can borrow::bigsmile:

Thanks for your kind offer Wizzer we have tents but unfortunately with my disabilities once I am on the floor it takes 4 to help me up hehehehe

As I remember the accident was caused by someone backing into your van and as such they are totally liable for your loss and you are denied the use of the vehicle.

In which case you should be entitled to hire a replacement at their cost until such time as yours is returned to you

Peter

Thanks Peter and thanks to your staff for trying to help us out with a hire mh.

We are currently waiting on further news from the repairers but it doesnt look like we will have it back before easter. Apparently the matching interior is also no longer available and we are waiting on samples so we can choose an alternative.

And there we were thinking buying a newish vehicle was safe for parts etc.

If there had been a decent hotel taking dogs near Newark we would have still attended but not found one.

Will be asking the 3rd party insurers to pay for a replacement holiday at a dog friendly hotel or in a static for the easter holidays as if we dont get something booked next week there wont be anything left.

The worst is just not meeting up with funsters xxxxxx we do miss you all hope you all had a great mothering sunday xxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back