Autocruise/Pioneer history? (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I'm looking for an Autocruise model to replace my Starburst. Just when I thought I'd tracked down all available on t'internet, I come across a 'Pioneer Darwin'. On closer inspection thsi turns out to be an Autocruise but badged as Pioneer, with no reference to Autocruise! Anyone know the story behind this? It's not like a 'special edition' as put out by Marquis, but rather a complete new identity. And one that has confused my Autocruise hunt somewhat...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have seen one before recently but do not have a clue.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
. On closer inspection thsi turns out to be an Autocruise but badged as Pioneer, with no reference to Autocruise!/QUOTE]

We looked at a Pioneer Jolliet at one of the shows and there was a plaque inside which did state 'built by Autocruise'. I believe that they were special editions sold through Marquis but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Autocruise actually built the Pioneer vans alongside there other models. They were offered slightly cheaper mainly by certain dealers. They still have the Autocruise quality about them.
I notice Peak leisure vehicle always have a good selection of nice secondhand Autocruise vans for sale and a few Pioneer's over the last year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back