LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It's is just life, that's all! When we started up the Van Bitz exhibition unit at the Chepstow show I thought that it sounded "loud"

On Monday I asked Dave our workshop manager to make five minutes to get the exhibition support motorhome into our larger workshop with a pit.

Yep, the exhaust had blown a hole on the drive up to Wales. That got us thinking which led us to checking the MOT which had also expired:Blush: No reminder from the garage which we have, like many people started to rely on.

We need the van for Thursday for the Westpoint show so straight on to the local garage the we use for MOT's and general mechanical work we don't want to do. Yep, we can do the MOT Wednesday morning, but can't get the exhaust can you get it? If so we can get it sorted.

"Whilst under the van we noticed that the brake lines had some corrosion on where they're clipped to the chassis, can you do that too? Well yes, if you can bring it in early"

So James collected a full new exhaust system, gaskets, rubbers and manifold set from Unipart and delivered the van yesterday (Tuesday morning)

Just had a call from the garage, "Bad news the motorhome has failed it's MOT" "Why?" "The exhaust and the brake lines :Doh::Doh::Doh:"

It turns out that they "forgot" write in the book that the brake lines needed checking /replacing and the exhaust needed replacing.

They will be able to start it tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) hopefully and "should" be able to get it back to us Friday afternoon!

That's great other than we are meant to be driving to Westpoint tomorrow (Thursday) ready for the show to open on Friday

Oh well, Van Bitz will be there, but it may not be our usual professional turnout, just a few banners and a bit of stock lol so I apologise in advance if anyone thinks that we look like market traders:winky:

Thing is these things happen, If the garage had sent their usual reminder, we wouldn't be in this mess, If we had diary'ised the date ourselves, this wouldn't have happened, if the garage wasn't so helpful they wouldn't be so busy Hey ho

These things happen and this way the show will be an adventure :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure you'll look as professional as ever. Me and Siân won't be visiting the show now either, we have problems too. not the same as yours, but problems nonetheless. :Sad:

Have a good show. There are a few funsters visiting. But as you now won't have your display van and ergo, not have any hot chocolate, I doubt they'll say hello::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you wanna brighten the display up, I am sure someone can come up with a couple of white plastic garden chairs ( usually found on roundabouts ) and drap a couple of young ladies over them :thumb::thumb: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
But Jim, you don't understand! No 40" Plasma TV on the wall to watch the rugby! Watching on my laptop just isn't the same:cry:

Our stand is by the catering so I'll buy free choccy for everyone that books, Srikeback, Growler or a satellite TV system :thumb: Seems only fair :roflmto:

Eddie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But Jim, you don't understand! No 40" Plasma TV on the wall to watch the rugby! Watching on my laptop just isn't the same:cry:

Our stand is by the catering so I'll buy free choccy for everyone that books, Srikeback, Growler or a satellite TV system :thumb: Seems only fair :roflmto:

Eddie

Is there rugby on this weekend? Sureley you mean next? No one who lives near me has mentioned it, they are all talking about a BIG match on the 16th::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Eddie

Dont go too mad Eddie otherwise we will all have to do it and go skint:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Is there rugby on this weekend? Sureley you mean next? No one who lives near me has mentioned it, they are all talking about a BIG match on the 16th::bigsmile:

Be Funny if they lose the little unimportant game first:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They will be focused alright.

I am hoping that it will be another step in recovering last seasons form.

They have picked what I consider to be the strongest team they could select. Its a full strength team as it should be against any of the Home Nations.

Looking forward to the game not least because I am permitted two beers whilst watching it as part of my [STRIKE]wife[/STRIKE] calorie controlled diet.::bigsmile:

Bad luck with the van Eddie.

I hope its a sign::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back