Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Is it possible to fit cruise control to an '09 Peugeot Boxer ???If so how much do you think it would cost.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Is it possible to fit cruise control to an '09 Peugeot Boxer ???If so how much do you think it would cost.

It is possible to fit them to any vehicle. Often modern vehicles are particularly easy. I can't help on the Peugeot, but on my Zafira, if it hadn't already had it, you could fit it by buying a new stalk with the buttons on it from the parts department and programming the computer to notice it was there with a mate's Tech2. 40 quid instead of the 300 or so for the "official" option. Basically, the engines are all drive by wire and all the required sensors already feed into the CANBUS and the software is already installed, just needing to be activated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
It is possible to fit them to any vehicle. Often modern vehicles are particularly easy. I can't help on the Peugeot, but on my Zafira, if it hadn't already had it, you could fit it by buying a new stalk with the buttons on it from the parts department and programming the computer to notice it was there with a mate's Tech2. 40 quid instead of the 300 or so for the "official" option. Basically, the engines are all drive by wire and all the required sensors already feed into the CANBUS and the software is already installed, just needing to be activated.

I have posted this before, but it is worth saying again.

I went to the Peugeot dealer for cruise control and they said no, can't be done.
Dave Newell did it, no problem.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I can also recommend Dave Newell. He fitted my cruise control and I couldn't be more pleased with the service. :thumb:
Also while the work is carried out can recommend a visit to the nearby Blists Hill or the other Telford museums. :thumb:

Wyn

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Yes.
£418.86 less 5% funster discount.

Phone us on 01952 587702 during normal working hours to arrange a fitting.
We will give you complimentary tickets to the Ironbridge Gorge Museums so you can go off and enjoy yourselves while the work is done.

D.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yes.
£418.86 less 5% funster discount.

Phone us on 01952 587702 during normal working hours to arrange a fitting.
We will give you complimentary tickets to the Ironbridge Gorge Museums so you can go off and enjoy yourselves while the work is done.

D.

BTW, how much would it be for a '78 Winnebago. Carb+LPG Chevrolet 350 with TH400 auto transmission? Pretty much every safety switch would need adding. It doesn't even have a reverse switch.

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks

PS I use a walking stick on motorways BUT don't tell anyone:Eeek:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
conrad anderson done mine on my scout ten years ago they done a great job .:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
BTW, how much would it be for a '78 Winnebago. Carb+LPG Chevrolet 350 with TH400 auto transmission? Pretty much every safety switch would need adding. It doesn't even have a reverse switch.

Assuming it has a road speed signal £335 with a dash mounted control module.

D.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Assuming it has a road speed signal £335 with a dash mounted control module.

D.

Does a speedo cable count? This thing is lucky not to have magnetoes, a cranking handle and trafficators. The transmission is entirely mechanical except for the kick down switch.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
This post made me start nosing into this again, as i still cant understand how a fly bu wire vehicle needs a mechanical cruise control, ive found this, and will investigate further.

"Well, nothing much from the Forum, but I have just had a Cruise Control fitted to the Ducato 2.8JTD. And its a fully drive-by-wire unit that plugs into the ECU and teaches itself how to work!

Its a LiteOn Command AP900 (.) unit which is fully compatible with CAN bus signals, and the half-baked lot from the 244 engine ECU. The command module is a Command CM30, a steering-column mounted stalk switch. Of course, since the vehicle has a manual transmission, there is also a clutch switch.

Its installation was arranged by my local Fiat Commercial service agent (Southern Euro, Dandenong South). The Service Manager said that they have these units after-market fitted to the newer X250s too, so they really are versatile. "

We use a local Fiat dealer at work, so i,m going to tapup one of the "friendly" fitters who did some electronics on a PO Ducato alarm ststem, he knows thw BCU/ECU systems very well, so i,ll see what i can find out.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Does a speedo cable count? This thing is lucky not to have magnetoes, a cranking handle and trafficators. The transmission is entirely mechanical except for the kick down switch.

No a speedo cable doesn't count. If it doesn't have an electronic speed signal then a signal generator of some description will be needed, this could be an electronic unit attached between gearbox and speedo cable or could be magnets on the prop shaft and a pick up nearby. Either option is extra cost.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
This post made me start nosing into this again, as i still cant understand how a fly bu wire vehicle needs a mechanical cruise control, ive found this, and will investigate further.

"Well, nothing much from the Forum, but I have just had a Cruise Control fitted to the Ducato 2.8JTD. And its a fully drive-by-wire unit that plugs into the ECU and teaches itself how to work!

Its a LiteOn Command AP900 (.) unit which is fully compatible with CAN bus signals, and the half-baked lot from the 244 engine ECU. The command module is a Command CM30, a steering-column mounted stalk switch. Of course, since the vehicle has a manual transmission, there is also a clutch switch.

Its installation was arranged by my local Fiat Commercial service agent (Southern Euro, Dandenong South). The Service Manager said that they have these units after-market fitted to the newer X250s too, so they really are versatile. "

We use a local Fiat dealer at work, so i,m going to tapup one of the "friendly" fitters who did some electronics on a PO Ducato alarm ststem, he knows thw BCU/ECU systems very well, so i,ll see what i can find out.

You don't need to use a vacuum servo system on the Ducato from 2001 to 2006 as it has a drive by wire pedal and the AP900 is compatible but it is dearer than the vacuum unit and as that works perfectly reliably on Ducatos from this period that is what I generally fit. If the customer specifically wants the fully electronic system then I'll fit it but at the dearer price it commands. X250 models need to use the electronic AP900 as there is not enoughh room around the throttle pedal to attach bracketry to it. The AP900 is pretty straight forward to install and has minimal connections none of which connect tdirectly with the ECU or any other on board computers.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back