Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The seller always has a feedback score of zero

Not always I'm sorry to say. There seems to be three types of scams - the one that switches you to a fake website that looks exactly like the real thing but the address bar is different - the zero feedback with location in 'UK' but these can also have specific locations often in far north of Scotland - and the hijacked account showing feedback of the stolen identity.

The 'too cheap to be true' price is often the giveaway, also the 'leave email address and/or mobile phone number for more details and photos' is a cert scam. There are other recognisable signs.

This is an example of 'price', location UK and send email for details (not to ask questions through Ebay and they always use hotmail or gmail address) and zero feedback...

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
How do you know its a scam. If I were looking, I wouldn't have a clue! :Doh:

As Paul says :thumb: --on the vw the asking price is £4800 when the price if it were real would be at least double that :winky: He also asks you to contact him via simardmichael@live.com
TRY IT and I bet a pound to a penny hes working away etc,but if you pay via etc, holding account -your money safe :Eeek: until you get deliery, then you relese him the money when happy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry but as soon as you paid whatever your money would be gone :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
IS THIS ONE ? Looks to me like a hijacked acc
Link Removed

the phone me at weekends has me asking ? if not then it is a bargain IF real -needs to be in Snowbirds starter bargains ::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
This one listed earlier but still on view on Ebay is an example of a hijacked account (I think) - price too cheap, location in Inverness, there is feedback but nothing since July 2012. There is a mobile phone number and 'email seller' looks genuine but emails are probably diverted to the scammer.(don't ask me how, I don't know)

Link Removed

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This one listed earlier but still on view on Ebay is an example of a hijacked account (I think) - price too cheap, location in Inverness, there is feedback but nothing since July 2012. There is a mobile phone number and 'email seller' looks genuine but emails are probably diverted to the scammer.(don't ask me how, I don't know)

Link Removed

Did we cross post on this one Paul ::bigsmile:
terry

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Sorry mate, looks like we did. Not much so far today, only reported one caravan so far as well.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Just checked on Buckinghamvans from yesterday and it looks like thats been sorted - 42 vehicles listed yesterday, only 13 now and all genuine.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Fancy a RV ?
Link Removed
Or a caravan
Link Removed
Terry

Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Not always I'm sorry to say. There seems to be three types of scams - the one that switches you to a fake website that looks exactly like the real thing but the address bar is different - the zero feedback with location in 'UK' but these can also have specific locations often in far north of Scotland - and the hijacked account showing feedback of the stolen identity.

The 'too cheap to be true' price is often the giveaway, also the 'leave email address and/or mobile phone number for more details and photos' is a cert scam. There are other recognisable signs.

This is an example of 'price', location UK and send email for details (not to ask questions through Ebay and they always use hotmail or gmail address) and zero feedback...

Link Removed

Also, this line from that listing.

I am reluctantly selling our VW camper having putting it through its MOT in March and fully operational, for what I was hoping I could get to spend a fantastic summer in.

So having put it through it's MOT in March, it's about to expire then. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Terry

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Crikey! How niave am I. (not something people generally associate with me) Keep up the good work chaps. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back