PAYG "3" dongle in Ireland - will it work? (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Title says it all really....I'll need internet access for a few days when I'm visiting (near Galway) and I can't work out whether my PAYG dongle will work.

I've checked the "3" site and all I can find are tables telling me the cost per minute but that must only apply to pay-monthly and I cannot see how that applies to a SIM card that gives me 3GB for 3 months.

I might have to fall back on free wi-fi if it won't work...but I'd prefer something more reliable if possible due to work.

Advice, suggestions welcome... :help:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There used to be some sort of deal with Eire on 3 phones ans free skype but dont know about dongles. The problem with 3 is they keep moving the goal posts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Is this what you need?

Link Removed

That's what I've got at the moment I think - a UK SIM. I don't know whether it works when abroad or how it is charged.

That looks interesting. It looks like I'd have to install the Tesco/O2 software alongside the 3 one, and hopefully it will allow texting from the dongle to set the charging rate (I don't have a 3G phone to do this). Something else for me to investigate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Any chance of contacting "3"? Get the answer from the (topical) horse's mouth.

Still waiting for a reply from them.

Is your dongle "unlocked?"

If so other network sims will work,

Probably locked - it's an MF112 and I haven't done anything to it since buying it a few years ago. Unlocking appears to be straightforward, provided you don't mind downloading some software from various dodgy-looking URLs :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back