Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a rear roof ladder security cover? Cant seem to find any online at all? Do they come in different lengths?

Thanks!

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, take a look at "Fiamma Ladder Safe" in your search engine.

Johns Cross Motorhome's sell them and you can get a Funsters discount too.
regards, Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Simple enough to make yourself..
this is the one I made for the RV.. aluminium plate riveted to two lengths of ally angle, hooked over the top rung, with a locker lock onto the lower rung. .

the Fiamma one.. well, IMO it would be a piece of cake to climb over ..but to be frank.. if anyone really wants on your roof.. this would only deter.. not stop..

I made it before going to Morocco ... and used it for about a year then ditched it.. :Doh:

Link Removed

OP
OP
C

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Simple enough to make yourself..
this is the one I made for the RV.. aluminium plate riveted to two lengths of ally angle, hooked over the top rung, with a locker lock onto the lower rung. .

the Fiamma one.. well, IMO it would be a piece of cake to climb over ..but to be frank.. if anyone really wants on your roof.. this would only deter.. not stop..

I made it before going to Morocco ... and used it for about a year then ditched it.. :Doh:

Link Removed

Thanks all, food for thought.

ScotJimland, why did you ditch your ladder guard? I think it is clear that I need to make one also. Fiamma one is perhaps not up to the job. I would like one that wraps around the sides of the ladder to prevent people from using the sides of the ladder to shimmy up. I may even make that edge sharp enough to cause a bit of discomfort (amputation of fingers?). Poor things........!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Don't leave any sharp edges as (1) you could get 'done' for it and (2) you never know a friend or family might also get cut.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back