LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Van Bitz will not be attending the February NEC show this year mainly due to wasting thousands of pounds over the last few year because of the weather ruining the show, the stupidity of the overnight parking and the organisation, last year they dragged it down to London and this year its back at the NEC (Also it buggers up watching the Six Nations lol)

So, we have increased our advertising for the show issue of MMM and taken additional advertising space for Cornish Farm Touring Park (our campsite)

Starting from Tuesday the 19th February we are offering “daily deals” on products, which equates to about 15% discount off accessories.

Our glorious leader Jim is always busy behind the scenes trying to get the best deals for his members, and when we were discussing the NEC show and our alternative this year he suggested that we give Funsters a exclusive “preview”

So as of today any fully paid up Motorhome Fun member will with the correct discount code (supplied by Jim) get a staggering 15% off accessories. Obviously you will understand that we cannot honour this along side any other offer or promotion.

The offer will be exclusive until the 19th February when the adverts appear. The only other condition is that if you want your purchase installed by Van Bitz it must be installed by the end of February 2013.

EDIT BY JIM: Code required to obtain the discount can be found here.. Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Eddie...
Save me looking ( and keep the thread up high :Smile: ) have you got any 30 LED awning light strips at all ?
My one has lost three LEDs ( careless I know )

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Cheers Eddie...
Save me looking ( and keep the thread up high :Smile: ) have you got any 30 LED awning light strips at all ?
My one has lost three LEDs ( careless I know )

LOL No I know a man that has a 27 LED light that he doesn't want LOL if you find the one that you want email james@vanbitz.com and he will organise to get one for you, and give you the discount.

Cheers

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Found em on fleabay Eddie.. I will mail you a link mate :thumb:

I know Rainbow conversions in Wisbech does em ( cos thats where the one I have came from )

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just double checked and yep, the LabCraft one is indeed the right one.. Link on the way Eddie :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Eddie - do you do guaranteed next day delivery of batteries anymore?

:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Eddie I would like to know just why we need a maintenance contract for the alarm ?
what parts of this require service /maintenance? could you please explain as I am sure I am not the only one who is wondering about this

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Eddie I would like to know just why we need a maintenance contract for the alarm ?
what parts of this require service /maintenance? could you please explain as I am sure I am not the only one who is wondering about this

i am fairly sure its cover for any faults repair or component replacement costs after your normal warranty has run out. as you say there is no maintenance as such.

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Hi, in short you don't need to. The cost of the maintenance contract includes a free of charge workshop inspection and system check. Obviously anything that is noticed s a result of the inspection/test is rectified or adjusted as necessary.

If the motorhome is not under a maintenance contract we charge £60 for the same workshop inspection and system check, and then we charge labour and parts on top of that (unless it is something silly)

So really it is a choice. Many of our customers enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that their Strikeback is fully functioning and tested regularly others don't see or feel the need.

Growler of course the "beast" of the alarm world:whatthe: now comes with a lifetime warranty for the original owner:thumb:

Like all things in life, it is down to personal choice and how lucky you are

Regards

Eddie

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Eddie,

Will you be offering the discount on the Strikeback and do you have a fitter nearer to Scotland ? :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Eddie,

Will you be offering the discount on the Strikeback and do you have a fitter nearer to Scotland ? :Smile:

Yes, exclusive to Funsters you can save 15% on Strikeback and Growler Alarms Systems. As well as Solar Panels, Satellite systems (Oyster and KVH Domes) Reversing camera Air-conditioning, Inverters etc.

These are big ticket items, where 15% is a really substantial discount. Eddie did a similar thing Exclusive to Funsters last year, quite a few funsters got great deals, and so many were disappointed when they tried to get discount after the deal ended. This offer is only there for a couple of weeks, use it while we have it.

Cheers Eddie:thumb:

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie,

No sorry we don't have anyone fitting in Scotland. We used to have fitting agents dotted around, but we got so much hassle from poor installation and or bad customer service from some of them that we pulled the plug on the fitting agents.

Lesiurepower are the only other people that install Strikeback but the discount deal is from Van Bitz.

We do have a great all weather campsite within our grounds that you use FOC when we install Strikeback for you www.cornishfarm.com

Come down Sarf and see how cold it is ::bigsmile:

Eddie

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
No sorry we don't have anyone fitting in Scotland. We used to have fitting agents dotted around, but we got so much hassle from poor installation and or bad customer service from some of them that we pulled the plug on the fitting agents.

Lesiurepower are the only other people that install Strikeback but the discount deal is from Van Bitz.

We do have a great all weather campsite within our grounds that you use FOC when we install Strikeback for you www.cornishfarm.com

Come down Sarf and see how cold it is ::bigsmile:

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, unfortunately the £180.00 cost in diesel for the round trip will knock the 'feel good factor' out of the discount :whatthe: My fault for living up Norf I s'pose :cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes, exclusive to Funsters you can save 15% on Strikeback and Growler Alarms Systems. As well as Solar Panels, Satellite systems (Oyster and KVH Domes) Reversing camera Air-conditioning, Inverters etc.

These are big ticket items, where 15% is a really substantial discount. Eddie did a similar thing Exclusive to Funsters last year, quite a few funsters got great deals, and so many were disappointed when they tried to get discount after the deal ended. This offer is only there for a couple of weeks, use it while we have it.

Cheers Eddie:thumb:

I can vouch for that.

Had an alarm and dome fitted last January. Enjoyed 2 nights on a great site and complimentary coffee in the workshop:thumb:

This must have been all of 9 months before I decided to change the van:Doh:::bigsmile:

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Vanbitz

Hi going to book in to have strike back or growler fitted at vanbitz with the fantastic discount on offer at the moment and thinking of having solar panel or panels fitted ,trying to work out my budget has any one had them fitted by Eddie and what the going rate .thanks mark:thumb:

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Eddie and the team fitted a Trackvision and Avtex for me last year with the 15% discount. Superb service and answered lots of questions before my taking the plunge. That coupled with the free overnight stay and access to free wifi which meant I could keep working whilst they fitted it equals brilliant value for money. Rich

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Eddie, used the supplied mail addy but got nothing back, not even an acknowledgement ...

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Ah I think that I am the problem:Blush: It was sent back to me, but I did ask James to look into it.

It seems that the price you have seen on eBay is excellent and James suggested that no retailer could touch it as the SSP of the light that you want is over forty pounds so even with your funster discount we couldn't get any near the £23'ish you have seen on eBay

Sorry for the delay

Eddie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No worries Eddie...
Got an email from James this morning and he came up with the cost..

I would not say you are far off, far from it in fact.. I am luckier than most in that I get such a good price for some stuff via the game I am in anyway..
For the benefit of anyone wondering, with the Funster discount Eddies price was within pennies.. If I did not have a local supplier I like to visit and blag coffee off of, I would have been sending lolly off right now !!

Thanks for your time Eddie, and thank James for his time too :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09