Hello all! Problems with Swift Sundance 630g fridge light / 12v internal lights (1 Viewer)

clarty123

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694SL Star Edition
Exp
Since 2012
Afternoon all! I'm trying to find out if anyone knows where the fuse is for the fridge light on a swift sundance 630g please? My other half has looked at the wiring diagram in the book but he can't find it for toffee! We are also having a problem with two internal 12v lights just above the central dinette as these won't work either? All fuses have been checked throughout and all are fine and dandy. Does anyone have any clues please? We will be forever in your debt and it may prevent my other half from going to the nut home!!! Many thanks in advance to anyone who answers! Claire

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you dont get an answer over the weekend, please call Glenn or Ian on Monday and ask them 01-580-883060 is the workshops number

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
clarty123

clarty123

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012
are you sure it isn't just the bulbs.

Thank you for your reply but my other half used a permanent live from elsewhere and they work so it's definitely a fuse somewhere?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the fridge has a constant 12v supply when on gas or mains to power the control.circuit board so I doubt the fridge bulb will be fused desperately, if the fridge works it will.be the bulb or internal wiring at fault

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
in all honesty it seems very unlikely that the 2 would be connected as the fridge light will be fed internally from the fridge its self.

regarding the fridge if the fridge itself works then i would say faulty door switch of blown bulb although there may be a fuse on the back of the fridge accessed through one of the fridge vents.

as for the lights in the van if they are factory fitted then the fuses should be with the main distribution unit (where ever that is under a seat somewhere i suppose near the habitation battery).

if they are not factory fitted then there could be a fuse where they have been linked in to maybe behind a switch somewhere.

does everything else in the van work ?? as if there is something else like a 12 volt socket thats dead then that could be your starting point.

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We have a swift Kontiki and I am pretty sure the fuse for the fridge is in the engine compartment near the engine battery.
Take a look there.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I can't help with fridge problem but just wondered with your interior light , you've got 2 switches ( I know it sounds silly ) but I had a similar prob found that the switch by the habitation door had been switch to the off position, I nearly called Marquis about it then it suddenly dawned on me (didn't half feel Stupid even more than usual). Hope its that simple. Terry:sin:

OP
OP
clarty123

clarty123

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2012
We have a swift Kontiki and I am pretty sure the fuse for the fridge is in the engine compartment near the engine battery.
Take a look there.

A big thank you to you all!! We have finally solved it with all your help! The fridge wasn't working on 12v or couldn't of been but wasn't picked up by my partner because it was plugged in at home on 240v so he just assumed the light wasn't working. He knew it was a 5 amp fuse somewhere but couldn't find it as he looked everywhere. It was only until I asked him if there was any fuses behind the control panel above the door that he had another go at getting the trim off it as the first time he tried it he thought it was going to break so he never tried forcing it before. Anyway, he took the control panel off and there it was a brown 5 amp fuse so now the fridge works on 12v and so do the interior lights above the dinette. Many thanks, I don't need to take him to the nut home now!! Claire x

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
A big thank you to you all!! We have finally solved it with all your help! The fridge wasn't working on 12v or couldn't of been but wasn't picked up by my partner because it was plugged in at home on 240v so he just assumed the light wasn't working. He knew it was a 5 amp fuse somewhere but couldn't find it as he looked everywhere. It was only until I asked him if there was any fuses behind the control panel above the door that he had another go at getting the trim off it as the first time he tried it he thought it was going to break so he never tried forcing it before. Anyway, he took the control panel off and there it was a brown 5 amp fuse so now the fridge works on 12v and so do the interior lights above the dinette. Many thanks, I don't need to take him to the nut home now!! Claire x

Well there you go Claire.

If that's not worth paying your tenner and subscribing to Motorhomefun and changing your name from green to blue then nothing is, I susspect your looking at the first of very many annoying little things you will need help with, and then of course there's the banter. Subscribing to Fun is as good as taking you and hubby to the nut house anyway, we're all nuts here :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back