Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi

Can anyone help with a location of a camp site near Twickenham/ Richmond area ,I am hoping to stop in that area for a few days in June. Pete :thumb:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Chertsey C&CC club site about 20/30 mins away if you wait until the rush hour on the A316 has finished. Only one I know of.

Malcolm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Chertsey C&CC club site about 20/30 mins away if you wait until the rush hour on the A316 has finished. Only one I know of.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm
I want to park up, and if poss use buses in to Twickenham to see our son, do you know if there any ,and is that poss. Pete

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Hi there is a camping and caravan site in Walton on Thames, you can get a train to Twickenham, nearer than Chertsey, Apps farm have just started a campsite just down the road from us and very near Hampton Court hope this helps

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi there is a camping and caravan site in Walton on Thames, you can get a train to Twickenham, nearer than Chertsey, Apps farm have just started a campsite just down the road from us and very near Hampton Court hope this helps

Thanks Simi that looks perfect, we plan to stop off to visit our son and his girlfriend on the way back from Spain sometime in June, and the camp looks just the thing, thanks again. Pete & Lynn :thumb::thumb:

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
as far as i remember Walton camp site has no facilites. There is no direct train link to Twickers. Chertsey is best bet with direct train link to Twickenham every 30mins.

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
The Walton campsite has electric hookup but no toilet facilities, Hersham station is just down the road and you can get a train to twickers, or from Hampton Court about 2 miles away, Hersham station is within walking distance, We live very near, and used to store our caravan at this site:Smile:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
The Walton campsite has electric hookup but no toilet facilities, Hersham station is just down the road and you can get a train to twickers, or from Hampton Court about 2 miles away, Hersham station is within walking distance, We live very near, and used to store our caravan at this site:Smile:

You can't get a train from Hersham to Twickenham without changing somewhere north of Surbiton and then travelling back via Kingston, it might even be quicker to go up to Clapham Junction and back to Twickenham that way. I wasn't aware Apps Court was open except for special events, but if it is, a bus journey via Hampton Court wouls probably be most convinient. Try Transport for London's journey planner.

Malcolm

Malcolm

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Malcolm
We used the bus from Twickenham to Hampton Court earlier this year on a visit so know that's ok, so will prob use that when we can't get a lift of our son, especially going back of a night, I will give the site a call to confirm we can stop there.

Many Thanks Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back