lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi looking for a big favour from anyone near the Guildford area. We have been on the phone to Freeborn Motorhomes and have been offered a good deal on one of their vans.

So just wondered if anyone lived near or pass by their dealership and wouldn't mind popping in and having a wee look at it for us. If you where to contact me first I will pay any cost incorporated in doing this. It just a bit far from us to pop down from Scotland.

Gerry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looked on the map for you Gerry, but it's a bit sparse down Guildford way Broken Link Removed :Sad:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looked on the map for you Gerry, but it's a bit sparse down Guildford way Broken Link Removed :Sad:

Thanks Jim had a wee look myself but wasn't to sure how up to date it was. We could always have a weekend away in London.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Hi,
Gerry , we live near Guildford and know Freebournes and would be happy to pop in and have a look. just PM us with details.

Tony

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi,
Gerry , we live near Guildford and know Freebournes and would be happy to pop in and have a look. just PM us with details.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your kind offer I have sent you a pm.

Gerry

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Gerry
Got your message, give us a few days and we will have a look at the wagon and get back to you.

Regards
Tony

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Tony

I have mentioned to the salesman Andrew that if i could get someone to pop round i would so feel free to tell him your there on my behalf if you wish.

Thanks Again
Gerry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What are you looking for? You can always talk to us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

1 hr 05 mins.

Not bad by FUN standards, but I reckon you've slowed down over Christmas. Come on, you know 1 hr is the limit.

Eeee, i can remember t' days when t' ink wasn't dry on t' screen when tha' were there wi' the killer offer.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
1 hr 2 mins.

That's FUN for you.

Tony just noticed Brian post and im assuming this is the time it would take you to look at the mh i have asked about. Please don't put yourself out by this amount of time i was hoping someone lived within 10-20 mins. I certainly don't want to put someone out.

I did have a look at the members map and didn't see you on it so not sure where you

Yes Brian your right that is Fun for you total strangers who are willing to help others out.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Gerry I think Brian is referring of the quick time in which the post was answered, from you posting pretty quick just over a hour, :thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I think you'll find it was the elapsed time between your first post and the offer of help - just a bit slower than a rapid response team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry I think Brian is referring of the quick time in which the post was answered, from you posting pretty quick just over a hour, :thumb:[/QUOTE

Thanks Carol
I thought Tony had offered to drive over an hour to see the mh for me i am know to be a bit thick at times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Didnt want to put anyone to to much bother just if they where close.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Up until March last year (2012), I lived a couple of miles from Freeborn, and would have gladly called in for you.

Unfortunately I had very unsatisfactory dealings with them a couple of years previously, and now wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Oh Dear !!

Up until March last year (2012), I lived a couple of miles from Freeborn, and would have gladly called in for you.

Unfortunately I had very unsatisfactory dealings with them a couple of years previously, and[HI] now wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.
[/HI]

The words....pigeons..............cat...........among........and..... put......immediately spring to mind !!:Doh:

I would go for the John's Cross option !:thumb:

Nothing but good words for him on MHF !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Last edited:

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Hi Gerry we live about 30mins from Guildford often go shopping there, so no problems Tony & Terri

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Unfortunately I had very unsatisfactory dealings with them a couple of years previously, and now wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.

Hi wivvys dad if you wouldn't mind could you enlighten me of your issues if you don't want to post it on open forum feel free to pm me

[/HI]

The words....pigeons..............cat...........among........and..... put......immediately spring to mind !!:Doh:

I would go for the John's Cross option !:thumb:

Nothing but good words for him on MHF !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Yes Saloplan I totally agree with you, that JCM gets nothing but good reviews and I can only assume you bought your van from him when giving me this advice. I won't buy from someone just for the sake of it they have to have a few things going for them. One being good reviews and the other two being having the van I'm looking for and within the budget I have.

Peter is on the case for me anyway so we will see what he can do.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry we live about 30mins from Guildford often go shopping there, so no problems Tony & Terri

Thanks again Tony I think I misunderstood Brian's post but please don't put yourself out for me just if your in the area.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wow fun really is great got a phone call from the dealers to say someone had been into look at the motorhome on our behalf today and took loads of pics for us.
I can only assume its Tony so big thanks to him

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
It appears to me to be a great van Gerry,however someone looks to have nicked the seat from the unicycle on the rear rack. Not necessarily a bad thing use it when haggling .
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Vlad

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Nice van that Gerry.

Nikki and I looked at a similar one at the NEC but new. Really quite liked the layout and having had a previous Adria, we know what a great buy they are compared to other marques that are about for a lot more money.

Only caution from us was that the payload was quite small and there was a problem with upgrading the weight anything higher than 3750 (not sure but may of even been 3600). Obviously you travel lighter than we would, but with Tara we felt that might be an issue.

Also the garage weight stood at 180kg (from memory) which is not alot for our crap that we take.

Nethertheless still a good quality van IMO well decked out, difficult to find....

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for your thoughts Paul always nice to hear what so won't else things as sometime you can get blinkered with the layout and miss important things.
I have spoke to the dealer about updating the van and to his credit he didn't know the answer so phoned someone and got back to me according to him it is only a paper exercise and this could be done before I collect van as its needing taxed anyway.

When you say the garage is 180k I assume you mean this is the max you can carry due to weight of rear axle, would this change if the van was uprated.

As for traveling lighter than you lot I would have to agree with me being elite athlete and carrying no weight :ROFLMAO: I think the big difference would be between Toby and Tara mine being a real dog

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Gerry,

I would suggest you speak to SVTech http://www.svtech.co.uk they are the experts on weight upgrading they will be able to tell you what is required and what the impact on the axle weights will be.

John

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry,

I would suggest you speak to SVTech http://www.svtech.co.uk they are the experts on weight upgrading they will be able to tell you what is required and what the impact on the axle weights will be.

John

Thanks John
I noticed papa join had put a link on another thread so had a look, if I was to call them and just tell the the type of motorhome would they know from that.
Think I mentioned in earlier post salesman enquirer about it for me came back and said it would be ÂŁ240 plus vat and only a paper exercise. Will try the above myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back