Tom tom and transferring POI (2 Viewers)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I seem to have quite a store of POI for my TT but cannot work out hot to transfer them to my TT home:cry:

Help please.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I never bother using TT Home to transfer PoI sets, I just drag and drop using Windows Explorer - much simpler and quicker.

Graham

Agreed! ::bigsmile: Just open windows explorer open tom tom find the POI folder then drag n drop em from where they are on your pooter into that folder. easy::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Maybe we could have a meet to learn about this type of thing from some of our obviously "advanced" TomTomers :roflmto:
I never seem to get the files to go anywhere and end up deleting them, but then I am a dinosaur :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Maybe we could have a meet to learn about this type of thing from some of our obviously "advanced" TomTomers :roflmto:
I never seem to get the files to go anywhere and end up deleting them, but then I am a dinosaur :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Hi Keith, What I usually do to make it easy is...right click on your desktop/new/folder. Name this POI and put your POI files in this. open windows explorer (with your tomtom connected and switched on) Got to computer/tomtom/POI in explorer open the POI folder. Shrink your screen to half size. Then open the POI folder you created on your desktop (shrink window to half size) You can now see both folders the contents of your desktop folder and the contents of the tomtom POI folder. Simply drag all the contents of your desktop folder into the Tomtom POI folder. Shut your TomTom down and restart and all your POI's will be there. Hope I've explained this OK and it helps. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back