What is fulltiming? (1 Viewer)

A

AnnTone

Deleted User
I am confused about fulltiming or at least the term full timing

The vast majority use their motorhome for recreation, ie to relax or explore at weekends and go on holidays etc. So is that "part timing" if so then "full timing" is doing the same thing but all the time, relaxing, holidaying etc.

What if you are working, and living in a van? is that still "fulltiming" if you are static most of the time and use your van like a house is that still full timing?

If not in full time recreation mode are you still a "fulltimer"

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Full-timing is what it says on the tin. Full-timing in a Motorhome, Car-A-Van, RV et al whether retired, working, touring or just living. :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Full timing = No fixed abode

Part time full timers still have a home somewhere. We full time for some months in winter but don't consider ourselves full timers.

If we wanted to fulltime it would have to be a big RV & a toad, nothing else would be big enough for us to live in full time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hey JSW has the big ARV and 2 euro motorhomes to live in:Cool:

Wonder what that makes him:roflmto:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi AnnTone

Fulltiming is a term that has been adopted by the Motorhome World to refer to people who live in the motorhome as we do.

I have met a lady tonight who sold her cottage a year ago and decided to live in her motorhome until she found another house. A year on this 60 ish single lady is enjoying it so much she does not think she is going to buy another house.

The usual concern people have for fulltimers is what will they do when they get older. This 60ish year old lady is going to introduce me to a 72 year old lady who has fulltimed for five years in a Romahome. She has just ordered another Romahome so for her it must work

The odd thing is I am yet to come across anyone who fulltimes in their caravan. We have met many whose caravan is their only home, they just do not use the name.

stew

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think full timing is just a name used by the motorhoming community. There have been people living full time in their motorhomes for years, and they have called themselves or been called many different names. Gypsies is a common term for most travellers but true Gypsies are an ethnic group that you are born or (rarely) marry into, Diddycoys were travellers that were not pure blood Gypsies and were somewhat down the pecking order and looked down upon by most.
Almost every country has its nomads and most have different names for them, many of our modern itinerants, aften called Itinerants, Itinerant's, or New Age Travellers suffer a terrible reputation as law breakers and being a social nightmare, often moving onto areas of land, private or public, and leaving behind a terrible unhygenic mess. It is often said that crime rates rise considerably in the areas that these travellers frequent.

"Full timers" whether working or on a full time holiday, may live full time in a motorhome but that is about the only similarity to the above mentioned. Fulltimers will mostly pay to park, although there are many that predominantly wildcamp, their vehicles will be taxed and insured, they will leave a place tidier than they found it and they are always considerate to the local population and they do not rely on the proceeds of crime to live.

I will be "full timing" later this year, the cost of scrap metal is going through the roof, so the wire stripping should be very profitable.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back