Kindle Tethering (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi apprently it has been done, but the perceived wisdom is Amazon will block you after a day or to and you will have an expensive doorstop. ::bigsmile:

This from "Mobile Read"

It has been done. I've seen it on google before (long time ago, probelty fixed). I remember reading that all requests must go through amazon. The kindle web browser uses a proxy (fints-g2g.amazon.com or something like that). In addition all http requests must include your kindle unique Id base 64 encoded. So even if you were to find that id (it's generated from your certificates and not found anywhere), know that all amazon has to do is either 1) turn off the proxy server, or 2) delete your unique id from their servers. The speed would be the same speed as your kindle web browser or any AT&T phone accessing amazon.com (aka slow). It would be a great pain to set up and very easy for amazon to stop. You may get one or two days of free Internet, then a $189 brick. Hopefully this stops any more questions on this matter, as I'm telling you logically why you shouldn't attempt to tether and not just yell "NOOOO!"

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back