Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am looking into the possibility of running a meet here between the 5th and the 25th March 2012. Here is the email response from Raimon, Look at the site, look at the prices, and let me know if you are interested. :thumb:

Dear Jim,

The price depends on many things, mainly the pitch's size and the length of the stay. So let´s say you fit on the 3 to 15 days category in the rates chart.

That would be 12,75€ per day, plus 3€ per adult, so 15,75€ for individual travellers and 18,75€ for couples. That would be on a confort pitch, the 90m2 ones.

Then you should get the 30% discount for funsters for bookings before opening, then it would be 11,025€ per day for individual travellers and 13,125€ for couples.

Now I´ll give you the rates with the discounts included for the rest of pitches size's:

For Premium Pitches: 12,6€ for individual travellers and 14,7€ for couples.

For Luxe Pitches: 14,7 for individuals and 16,18 for couples

All these rates are 30% discount over standard rates, electricity is not included.

Also we have this option, a flat rate including leccy, 16€ for confort pitches, 19€ for Premium and 22€ for Luxe.

I guess you would like to stay all close on the same area, so we would need to know the pitches size you would like.

Finally, if you need any help on organizing day trips to nearby places we can assist you.

Hope to see you rallying around here!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
and let me know if you are interested. :thumb:

Yes, very interested though his reply was as clear as an income tax form.

We are stuck in UK due to wedding at end of Jan, so good timing for us.

I have to say the place looks more like a supermarket than holiday resort, no character yet, but with a load of FUNsters that would give it character.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Interested but may not be able to make it as we will be in Hong Kong around that time for a wedding.

If we can come it will be at short notice I'm afraid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We should be down there loitering some where JIm... in actual fact that would be about the time we should be thinking of heading back...

So put us down, would be the finally of what we hope to be a good trip.. :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim, Pam has just informed me that I am very interested in attending this rally.:whatthe:
Better put my name down.
:winky:
Brisey & Pam.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
could be interested, more so if the timing was a little later, as we should be in Spain at that time anyhow.

Pat

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Could be interested, but a bit of a newbie to travel in Europe.What route is the best? How long
do's it take to get there? What are the travel costs likely to be?:Cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Could be interested, but a bit of a newbie to travel in Europe.What route is the best? How long

Hi, Time factor Would depend on where or what port you would like to get across the channel...

If you fancy driving down through France or want to get there quickly... and bypass France,, so many variations and permutations of getting there..

Do you want a leisurely drive down, keeping off the toll roads or dont you mind paying a bit on tolls and getting there faster..

So many if`s & but`s..

Idealy if you have not done that sort of trip before, it would be good for you to meet up with some one going that has been before..

The first longish trip I think every body is a bit apprehensive but after a couple of stops and a few miles it comes as second nature..

We have done that journey many times, and if you would like I will pm or e.mail how we have done it in the past..

Times from the various ports etc.

But the costings would depend on What port,,, the size of your rig,, etc.. but you can get a rough idea on crossings etc, by going on the website`s of the popular Ferry sites across the channel and fill in your details up to the point of hitting the "Book Now Button"...

As said if you want details of our last few trips and routes etc PM me your e.mail address and I will endeavor to send as much info as possible, but it would take ma a couple of days to check my Diary`s.. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How long

I can be very easy. We already have tickets for Santander. We could drive from the port to the site in a day if we wished. Two days easy with a stop in Aranjuez. Very nice camp site in Aranjuez and it's worth a day to do the town and it's Royal Palace. About 500 miles from port. About £650 ferry for a modest van. A few more miles and stop in Toledo instead of Aranjuez. It's a very easy journey, would not tax anyone.

At that time of year you could go via France and drive 1200 miles. With the ever increasing cost of fuel that £650 crossing is not as expensive as it looks.

You can go via Santander and return via France.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Why not give us all the benefit of you experience Maurice.

I will endeavor to bore you in a few weeks time Brian.. it would take me that long to sort out our various trips...

Not counting when we lived there from 1983 to 1988 when we did similar trip a couple of times a year back to the UK..
and again in 2000 to 2003.. ::bigsmile:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I can be very easy. We already have tickets for Santander. We could drive from the port to the site in a day if we wished. Two days easy with a stop in Aranjuez. Very nice camp site in Aranjuez and it's worth a day to do the town and it's Royal Palace. About 500 miles from port. About £650 ferry for a modest van. A few more miles and stop in Toledo instead of Aranjuez. It's a very easy journey, would not tax anyone.

At that time of year you could go via France and drive 1200 miles. With the ever increasing cost of fuel that £650 crossing is not as expensive as it looks.

You can go via Santander and return via France.
Just been looking at ferry sites, Do ferries run to Santander Feb & March ,can'nt seem to get a price.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If its later on in the year, say April, yes we're interested:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just been looking at ferry sites, Do ferries run to Santander Feb & March ,can'nt seem to get a price.

Must do. Probably not listed yet.

For what it's worth we were supposed to go last November but a family problem stopped us so we cancelled at the last minute and received a credit for £650 return fair. We are hoping there is no massive increase next year. There certainly is in the summer, well over £800 for the same trip when I looked at using the credit at a different time.

You can't fault driving in Spain. It's a mind blowing journey from top to bottom, huge plains then a range of hills, huge plains then a range of hills, seems they have endless plains and hills. Because of the flat bits it can get a bit windy. Roads are good. There are tolls but often non-toll nearby.

As always, pull up Google Maps, get directions and the route offered will be pretty spot on.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

If I remember rightly that route finishes late October or early November and restarts early March...

They have not put it on their timetable yet..:Sad:

I think the only way to find out when and where they start next year would be to phone Brittany Ferries"

Here = Call our UK Reservations Team on:
0871 244 0744*

Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 08:30 - 19:30, Sat: 09:00 - 17:00, Sun: 09:00 - 16:30

Contact us by email: customer.feedback@brittanyferries.com

Contact us by post: Brittany Ferries, Millbay, Plymouth, Devon, England, PL1 3EW

:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Sorry Jim

Heading back from Alicante region end of February. :Doh:

Maybe next time

What`s another few weeks between friends Garry.. :winky::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think the only way to find out when and where they start next year would be to phone Brittany Ferries"

Which I have just done, the prices will be on the website next Monday, but ferries run all February ( which is all I asked ).

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Here you go.. As similar to Brians Reply..

this is an e.mail we have just received from Brittany Ferries.. :thumb:

Good afternoon

From Monday we will have up to March 2012 available online and the rest of the year will be towards the end of August.

Regards

Andy

Passenger Services

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
This may well b 4 me. I would have to stay a bit longer though if the price was right.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
If I remember rightly that route finishes late October or early November and restarts early March...

They have not put it on their timetable yet..:Sad:

Here = Call our UK Reservations Team on:
0871 244 0744*

Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 08:30 - 19:30, Sat: 09:00 - 17:00, Sun: 09:00 - 16:30

Contact us by email: customer.feedback@brittanyferries.com

Contact us by post: Brittany Ferries, Millbay, Plymouth, Devon, England, PL1 3EW

:thumb:

I think it is a later date, as we went in November and back in December, but do recall a date mentioned when no sailings but forgotten when

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It' a possible for me.... We are usually down that way in Feb and March...
Might make a change from Benidorm.... Squeeze on them prices for the best deals...

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We might be up for this. ::bigsmile: But only if they don't charge extra for the very small :winky: Dog and Car and trailer.

We go down in December are booked to come home on the 9th March, so will have extra cost changing our booking. :Doh: And Jane doesn't like change, unless she is putting it in her pocket! :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back