Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
North Norfolk Coast
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
15 yrs
Recently visited Oxford Park and ride and met with barriers with an height barrier of 2.4 metres.

Very embarrasing if you still use feet and inches!

Why no conversion to feet and inches, also has any member found that any description of their RV regularly doesn't give the specifications of their vehicle particular to height , width and length.

If you check any of the sites for RV sales this important factor is seldom shown.

Well worth checking this out and keeping such info in your driver's cab.

Has anyone else met this problem?

:Angry:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Recently visited Oxford Park and ride and met with barriers with an height barrier of 2.4 metres.

Why no conversion to feet and inches, also has any member found that any description of their RV regularly doesn't give the specifications of their vehicle particular to height , width and length.

If you check any of the sites for RV sales this important factor is seldom shown.

Well worth checking this out and keeping such info in your driver's cab.

Has anyone else met this problem?

'cos we're all one big, happy, mixed up euro familiy now...

fuel in ltrs..distance in miles.

wine in ltrs...beer in pints.

milk in ltrs....steak in lbs

we're only playing at being europeans :RollEyes:

over 3 mtrs (i think) height and its a legal requirment :Eeek:
and your vans handbook will give the measurements....probably in mtrs and ft

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
height

just an add on re oxford park and ride, pull over, walk to office and the man will open barrier for you, and same going out, they also keep an eye on your van, its free parking, and you can use your free bus pass, well us old gits can,,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I made a few cards & laminated them, I have one stuck on the inside of both sunvisors with the dimensions for height & width (also for width inc. mirrors) in both metric & feet/inches. If any doubt just pull down the visor for the size, I looked at the dimensions in the handbook but I also checked myself what they were & used the largest readings.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
just an add on re oxford park and ride, pull over, walk to office and the man will open barrier for you, and same going out, they also keep an eye on your van, its free parking, and you can use your free bus pass, well us old gits can,,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is great to read.

However at the moment I believe there are several 'Height Barrier' petitions winging there way to No.10 but surely before we tear down the barriers THINK.

What do you replace the barrier with otherwise this could happen.

Car Park with Barrier: Allows Cars :Smile: But NOT Motor Homes :Sad:

Car Park with Barrier Removed: Allows Itinerants,:Eeek: Itinerants :Doh: and those of us brave enough to park their pride and joy still on there.

:restmycase: Mick

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

They don't want you to know it's too big for UK roads, :whatthe:
or frighten you into thinking it won't fit on your drive. :ROFLMAO:

I still use feet and inches & as stated make yourself a card for the cab with all dimensions of your vehicle in both metric & imperial measurements.

My memory it no longer to be trusted. :Blush:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
I made a few cards & laminated them, I have one stuck on the inside of both sunvisors with the dimensions for height & width (also for width inc. mirrors) in both metric & feet/inches. If any doubt just pull down the visor for the size, I looked at the dimensions in the handbook but I also checked myself what they were & used the largest readings

i also done this and added tyre pressure in bar&psi .you can do a google convert.
JohnM :thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Some dealers give the hieght of the vehicles they sell. I seem to remember one dealer on here ( dont worry Peter, I wont say who ) who gave the hieght of a MH on his site as 9 ft 12 inches.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back