How do I take apart a status 530 aerial? (1 Viewer)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It may be either clipped or glued, or both. To find if it is clipped, you need a tiny screwdriver and prise open the seam, you may find little lugs that locate it. Pushing these in should release.

Only guessing, as never had reason to take one apart - worth a gentle look though.:thumb:

OP
OP
Nirvanauk
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
It may be either clipped or glued, or both. To find if it is clipped, you need a tiny screwdriver and prise open the seam, you may find little lugs that locate it. Pushing these in should release.

Only guessing, as never had reason to take one apart - worth a gentle look though.:thumb:

Thanks for that. I just phoned the manufacturer who tells me that they are a sealed unit which seems a bit daft if it has five screws holding it together!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Thanks for that. I just phoned the manufacturer who tells me that they are a sealed unit which seems a bit daft if it has five screws holding it together!

Lol! That means it is glued then - You can try to gently prise apart and break the seal, you can refit using a hot glue gun later.

If it is sealed - it means it is easily servicable!

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Any ideas please? I've managed to remove the five plastic plugs and screws but can't seem to split the case without excess for.
Thanks.

When mine went defective some time ago I gave up trying to split it as I could just see a printed circuit board inside, which I assumed to be the amplifier, and was told that Status would not supply them (PCB) as a spare. Never found out if that was true?
I had always thought that the ampilfier was in the Power Pack till then.
Fitted a 'handraulic' sat dish instead.
Good Luck.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a sledge hammer is your best bet. replace it with a wire coat hanger it will do a better job:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
place it on a hard surface, such as the road and very carefully drive your motorhome over it...... reverse and repeat until satisfied that the status aerial will fit in a jiffy bag. then post the resulting compressed parts to status's head office along with a suggestion that they can shove the wonderful electronic marvel they produced somewhere dark and with an aroma of bovine faeces

simples really:ROFLMAO:

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
a sledge hammer is your best bet. replace it with a wire coat hanger it will do a better job:thumb:

Mine does a great job with free view. Problem for me now is that its filled with water and that keeps running down the cable into the van. I dont want to drill any drainage holes because I might go through some active circuits.

Do they sell the top bit seperate from the roof fitting?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the "active" circuits are a tiny board in the middle, a small hole near the bottom will miss everything but could let a spider in and a web around the "antenna" will not enhance it. If I remember I'll take some internal photos of one tomorrow so you can see.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Mine does a great job with free view. Problem for me now is that its filled with water and that keeps running down the cable into the van. I dont want to drill any drainage holes because I might go through some active circuits.

Do they sell the top bit seperate from the roof fitting?
Had exact same problem, and the reception is even worse now - did look at taking it out and blanking off the hole...but havent got round to that yet but will do at some point

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If all else fails - Dremel.

But any wire that moves a lot fails a lot, look for the problem being the cable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back