Sandy meet & ciderfest! 11-14 July (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Updated list, directions and information.

1. BreweryDave
2. Brisey
3. Concord Pilot
4. Toledo
5. Champers
8. Suggy
9. Grasscutter
11. Mike & Dawn B
12. Quickweh
13. Tremybach
14. Rs_rob
15. Bessie07
16. Jockandrita
17. Madwife/Wyaye wires
18. Pat4neil
19. Cally
20. The Caller (EHU)
21. Icantremember
22. traveller ha5 3dom
23. WalterRv (EHU)
24. Captain Pugwash
25. Movan
26. johnP10
27. GJH
28. Grumps147
29. Mitzimad
31. ShiftZZ
32. Dreckly
33. DavidG58 (EHU)
34. Ludo
35. jaygee
36. Signworks

4 spaces have become available so if anyone else fancies this meet PM me !
If you are booked as above and can't make it - let me know asap.

Cider festival
OK - the cider festival at the pub is running from Thursday through to Sunday. There is a hog roast Sat/Sun, a collection of DJ's on the Saturday (inc. some guy from BBC Radio 6), and live band Sunday pm. The guvnor Phil said if anyone wished to bring any instruments and do a bit on the Sunday, the stage area will be set up and available when the pub band isn't playing!
Sadly we couldn't work out any discounts for the booze, it could create some bad feeling with the regulars who support the pub all year and he wanted to avoid that - which is fair enough I guess. There will be 40+ ciders and perry's. The venue is 10 minutes walk from the site, and is dog freindly. Wheelchair access is fine (has been tested out by Smudger!) but access to the toilets in a chair is 'doubtfull' ! Most of you coming from the A1 will pass the pub on your left as you come through town - the Sir William Peel, immediately next door to the Gandhi in Sandy! Out of site, turn left, keep going straight and it comes up on your right! You can't miss it.

Directions.
Satnav - GPS 0 16' 38.8''W 52 7' 27.8''N

Postcode SG19 2AB BUT!!! This is the postcode for the house in Stratford Road, not the site! The site entrance is off the B1042 Potton Road.

From the A1 roundabout (junction with A603) follow Sandy Town centre.
Straight through town (passing the pub on your left!) and straight over the mini roundabouts and over the railway line. Stratford Road is on your right - DON'T GO THERE! Keep on going straight for about 300 yards (B1042 Potton Road) and as soon as you crest a small hill (cemetery on your right) the site entrance comes up pretty quick on your RIGHT.
I'll fly a flag at the entrance to make it stand out! (I'm ashamed to say I don't have a Funster flag - so will fly my Pint of Beer flag!!!)
There are no gates, and no big sign! Its a wide gravel entrance, and takes you towards the end of some large stables. Follow the track to the left, and the rally field is dead ahead on the left. (To the right goes onto the CL part of the site). Easy access for any MH.
I'm parked on the first pitch as you enter the rally field.
I hope to have the field roughly marked out for spacing!

Other bits...
Site fees are £9 per night (£12 with EHU).
Please put your payment (cash) in a sealed envelope, with your forum name and reg. no on.
I'll collect the envelopes and liaise with Lynda & Rob, the owners.
There is 1 WC and 2 showers (£1 honesty box for shower) by the rally field, and 2 further WC's and a laundry in the CL field just the other side of a hedge. That's also where the Elsan point is. There are 2 fresh water taps and a drain in the rally field, but only at one end. I'll get you filled up as you arrive if you need water! The field has a gentle slope, and is firm and well drained. The weather forecast is looking good!
Some of you will be arriving on Thursday - I won't be on site (be at work) but Jackie (Missus Brewerydave!) will be there and will sort you out! I'll be back about 11pm, but then have taken the Friday off to make sure I meet the rest of you as you arrive!
Apart from the ciderfest, the RSPB sanctuary is just up the road, Old Warden airfield is only about 3 or 4 miles away, there are buses to Bedford, Biggleswade, and other local towns, and the train station is 5 minutes walk with regular trains down to London (approx 45 mins)
If you want a curry in the Gandhi - I suggest you book !
Budgens in town, and a large Tescos on the outskirts - both walkable.

There is no agenda or timetable, and everyone is of course free to do their own thing! I'm sure there will be plenty of coffee going about in the mornings - and it's a good size field for us all to congregate as and when - outside the van of whoever has the largest hangover!

My contact number is 07876 206802 - any issues - bell me!

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Brewery Dave,

We are rally virgins and can't think of a better way to be broken in than a cider festival, we would love to come but have to confirm unloading the kids for the weekend, we can confirm for definite by tomorrow if that's ok.

Keith and Carolyn

Cider is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy :D

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Brewery Dave,
Cider is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy :D
Well I never. :doh: And all these years, I've believed that's the reason we had beer. :crying:

There's nothing for it then. I'll have to give this cider malarky a go. :laughing:

See you there Keith & Carolyn :Smile:

Jock (& Rita).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
40+ ciders to try what time can I start Sat :D Thats a challenge Im up for :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is there a date and time for us to walk over en masse for an Indian meal without missing the rest of the goings-on, please... and if not, would someone like to suggest one, and maybe we should warn the restaurant. Thanks

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Is there a date and time for us to walk over en masse for an Indian meal without missing the rest of the goings-on, please... and if not, would someone like to suggest one, and maybe we should warn the restaurant. Thanks
I didn't think you'd eat Indians, you being a veggie and all that

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

Joy - the restaurant wouldn't be large enough to take the number booked onto this rally, and even if they did, would be a nightmare to try to serve everyone at once. I did think of doing this - but it just wouldn't work - hence my suggestion that if anyone fancied an Indian over the weekend to book it direct - they are always busy anyway, and especially so over the weekends.
I'd be happy to help in any way I can - but if some funsters want to all go for a ruby together - might I suggest PM'ing each other and booking it directly - otherwise it could all go a bit wrong if left to me to coordinate;)

Same applies to the ciderfest at the pub really - the last thing we should do is walk over 'en masse' - that would just create a big queue of funsters at the bar at the same time!
Hence - no timetable or agenda, folk are welcome to come and go as it suits them - although i do expect we will wander over in fairly large groups together! (...spare a though for the bar staff - would you want 60 - 70 customers turning up all at the same time:eek:) I wouldn't want to be in that queue:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
.....despite posting the above - I have just called the Gandhi!
Heres the low down;
They have 44 seats. Open from 6pm Fri/Sat/Sun
Currently have 27 booked for Friday, no bookings YET for Sat/Sun, but as usual they expect to get booked up! That said - most people want 8 - 8.30 for a table.
So - you should be safe if you went earlier - when they open at 6 - or unless you get in quick and book.

IF however, a large group wanted to go together before they get booked up.....
I've had a chat with one of the staff there (Abu) who said the manager (Abdul) would do his best for a large group but would need to know asap!

I do think its a bit late for me to start a list, and would be perhaps unfair for anyone who didn't see this post in time - so I suggest if you want to do something - the simplest way is to book yourself in for 6pm Saturday, (lets call that the 'funsters' slot!) and when its full its full, and the restaurant can 'manage' it!
The number is 01767 680283

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
images

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Brewery Dave, we have managed to find a card board box big enough to fit the kids for the weekend, just need to put some air holes in lol, so we are on for the weekend, looking forward to meeting everyone and the motorhome fun tradition of buying the newbies a pint or three.

see you on Friday.

Keith and Carolyn.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So far on the food list for a meal at the Indian on Saturday at 6pm are

Brisey (2)
DawnB (2)
Grasscutter (2)
Movan (1)
Grumps (2)
Capinpugwash (1)

Is there anyone else? Please phone the restaurant if you wish to be added, thank you... but put your name on here first as the first fifteen (i.e. another five) the restaurant is saving a place for. If you are more than a total of fifteen, please phone restaurant to ask to increase the number of people. They have said they will push the tables together.

Sorry if this confusing ... pm me if you confused... bad night.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
So far on the food list for a meal at the Indian on Saturday at 6pm are

Brisey (2)
DawnB (2)
Grasscutter (2)
Movan (1)
Grumps (2)
Capinpugwash (1)
Tremybach (2)

Is there anyone else? Please phone the restaurant if you wish to be added, thank you... but put your name on here first as the first fifteen (i.e. another five) the restaurant is saving a place for. If you are more than a total of fifteen, please phone restaurant to ask to increase the number of people. They have said they will push the tables together.

Sorry if this confusing ... pm me if you confused... bad night.

Name added
Also Pm sent to captainpugwash

Cheers
Ed & Shirley

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Brisey (2)
DawnB (2)
Grasscutter (2)
Movan (1)
Grumps (2)
Capinpugwash (1)
Tremybach (2)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Bump!
Full details on page 10
Please pm me day and approx arrival time if you haven't already!
Dave.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
::bigsmile: Possible some time after 12 if not working otherwise it will be about 10 ish on Friday :Smile:

Thanks Dave & polly

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Brisey (2)
DawnB (2)
Grasscutter (2)
Movan (1)
Grumps (2)
Capinpugwash (1)
Tremybach (2)
Toledo (2) Total now 14

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Only one more place left on the booked table at the Indian, so will the next people to add their names to the list, please PHONE the restaurant and ask to increase the booking under the name Par Mer by whatever number you are .. thank you. Then copy and paste the above list and add your own name.

I cannot get back onto the computer now so PLEASE don't forget to phone the restaurant and increase the table size. Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back